From: Tom Willett on

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
:
: :
:
: AV-Comparatives rates MSE higher that Avast and Avira AntiVir.
:
http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2009/10/av-comparatives-picks-six-malware-removal-winners.ars
: --
: ~Bruce
:
What's interesting is that in our office, MSE misses a lot.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid>

| "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message

>> :
>> : Avira AntiVir is the *best*.
>> :
>> : --
>> : Dave
>> :
>> Nope. Avast.

| AV-Comparatives rates MSE higher that Avast and Avira AntiVir.
| http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2009/10/av-comparatives-picks-six-malware-removal-
| winners.ars
| --
| ~Bruce

Honestly -- many in the anti malware industry don't trust their tests.

--
Dave

From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
norton is notorious of being
a resource hog on personal
computers.

so it is unclear where your
got the spin from, unless it
was from symantec.

unfortunately, not only is their
software falsely over rated
for home pc's

their customer service
is just as bad for us meager
customers..

something to keep in mind is
that all anti virus software on
the market will always lag
behind new and innovative
virus's.

the question when choosing
an anti virus program is which
company can detect, analyze,
create a counter attack and
who can release the update
definition as quickly as possible?

also, if I'm not mistaken the
major anti virus makers have
open communications with
microsoft and they collaborate
as soon as a newly developed
virus is detected.

so microsoft's free a.v. is a
reasonable choice plus it
integrates with the o.s.
flawlessly.

--

db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

From: LD55ZRA on
Anti-Virus software is now free from Microsoft. Try this link:

<http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/>

Or you could download a free AVAST from here:

hth

From: LD55ZRA on
David H. Lipman wrote:

>Then why did Avast wrongfully declare the VBS:Zulu on Microsoft wen pages ~11/06 and took
>2 months to correct the False Positive ?
>Avast also misses many new forms of malware that AntiVir catches.

No it didn't and I haven't seen it.

hth