From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote ..
> There's an awful lot of posts around here talking about L lenses on
> 350s...

Then you won't have any trouble listing a lot of links to those 'awful lot
of posts'. A quick search with google groups for this group didn't support
your claim. There were a few that bought a cheap body (350/XT) who already
had L glass for their MarkII.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote>>
> The 70-300 IS USM is decidedly non professional. Really. It's a
> replacement for the old 75-300 IS USM, which was Canon's first IS lens.

The NEW 70-300 (one of the NEW 2 lenses just announced by Canon that the
poster was referring to) IS a PROFESSIONAL lense made with the PROFESSIONAL
LEVEL bodies in mind, so OF COURSE it is not EF-S.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote >
> Except for the just announced 24-105 f4 L IS and the 70-300 f4.5-5.6 IS
> USM, both of which are EF lenses, not EF-S.

PROFESSIONAL level lenses made for Canon's PROFESSIONAL level bodies so OF
COURSE they will not be EF-S.

> EF-S lenses won't fit on the full frame cameras, like the 1Ds/mkII and the
> also just announced 5D, so there will probably be some more non EF-S
> lenses produced in the near future. Just not super wides like the EF-S
> 10-22

Very good. You get it. Though several posters in this thread had already
stated the technical reasonal prior to your post.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"towarzysz Vader" news:dejtln$gmg$2(a)atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

> Blahblahblah... check the new EF 24-105 f/4. :-)

I don't have to check, you do. Those lenses are PROFESSIONAL level lenses
made for Canon's PROFESSIONAL level bodies. Of course they are not EF-S. The
Op is asking about consumer level dSLRs and all of those support EF-S (not
the older 10D though) now and in the future...unless, as unlikely as it is,
Canon decides to place the professional level sensor into a consumer level
dSLR for $1000. NOT.

Take care,
Linda

From: Dave R knows who on

"Linda Nieuwenstein" <buzzball(a)REMOVETHIS-allstream.net> wrote in message

> "Skip M" wrote>>
>> The 70-300 IS USM is decidedly non professional. Really. It's a
>> replacement for the old 75-300 IS USM, which was Canon's first IS lens.
>>

> The NEW 70-300 (one of the NEW 2 lenses just announced by Canon that the
> poster was referring to) IS a PROFESSIONAL lense made with the
> PROFESSIONAL LEVEL bodies in mind, so OF COURSE it is not EF-S.

Oh hogwash. The 70-300 is not even "L" quality.