From: John McWilliams on
Dave R knows who wrote:
> "Linda Nieuwenstein" <buzzball(a)REMOVETHIS-allstream.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Skip M" wrote>>
>>
>>>The 70-300 IS USM is decidedly non professional. Really. It's a
>>>replacement for the old 75-300 IS USM, which was Canon's first IS lens.
>>>

>>The NEW 70-300 (one of the NEW 2 lenses just announced by Canon that the
>>poster was referring to) IS a PROFESSIONAL lense made with the
>>PROFESSIONAL LEVEL bodies in mind, so OF COURSE it is not EF-S.
>>
> Oh hogwash. The 70-300 is not even "L" quality.

Be careful, Dave; Linda, based on her appearance here a month ago or so,
is never wrong. Never.

And she bites like a little Trapper.

--
John McWilliams
From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Dave R knows who" wrote...

> Oh hogwash. The 70-300 is not even "L" quality.
Perhaps you should read more before continuing to spout foolishness...

Phil knows what you don't:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05082207canonlenses.asp

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"John McWilliams" wrote> Be careful, Dave; Linda, based on her appearance
here a month ago or so,
> is never wrong. Never.
>
> And she bites like a little Trapper.
>
> --
> John McWilliams

Oh look my stalker John Williams crawled out of the hole to make an
appearance. What fun.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Dave R knows who" wrote >
> I'm getting emotional because you are dead wrong, IMO.

Your unproven opinion means ziltch to me when it so greatly conflicts with
the overwhelmingly proven, and definitive opinion of Phil's:

From: Bruce Graham on
In article <E9sPe.86$hW.6(a)tor-nn1>, buzzball(a)REMOVETHIS-allstream.net
says...

> "Dave R knows who" wrote...
> >

> > Oh hogwash. The 70-300 is not even "L" quality.
> Perhaps you should read more before continuing to spout foolishness...
>
> Phil knows what you don't:
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05082207canonlenses.asp
>
> Take care,
> Linda

Phil does not say the new 70-300 is an L lens. (the 70-300 announcement
is just on the same page as the 24-105L announcement).

It may be better than the old 75-300 (which is *certainly* not up to L
standards) as the press release infers that it has some UD glass and I
don't believe the old one does. I have the old 100-300 which is similar
optically - mine is not great - has quite low contrast and definition at
the 300mm end. Most owners report the same.

Bruce G