From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote>>
> You REALLY need to read what you quote, you are looking sillier by the
> moment. That release says the 70-300 is meant to appeal to serious
> amateurs.

You REALLY need to stop repeating yourself, you are looking like a person
who drives the knife in good and deep. Either that or you are just slow to
get the point.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote >>
> You don't get it, though. You said most new lenses will be EF-S, not most
> new lenses not meant for pro use. And the 70-300 isn't meant for pro use,
> anyway. And Phil's site, which you have proven so fond of quoting, backs
> that up, by the way.

And you don't get that the OP was talking about consumer level dSLR. Yes I
should have added the words 'most consumer level' to my original reply for
the sake of the less intuitive, word-by-word reader of the thread.

Take care,
Linda

From: Linda Nieuwenstein on

"Skip M" wrote > My, this is fun, I think I'll wait to kill file you to see
how deep you dig
> yourself in.

Stop being such a Sally. Kill file me now please instead of parading like a
peacock.

Take care,
Linda

From: Bruce Graham on
In article <slrndgv18p.gbl.zed(a)resonant.org>, zed(a)resonant.org says...
> What I probably ought to do is go rent everything I'm interested in on
> the same day in October sometime and just shoot a whole slew of tests.

Nah, just enjoy those long hikes and stay fit. Better for you than
poring over pixels especially when the equipment will be different a few
months later anyway.
From: Skip M on
"Linda Nieuwenstein" <buzzball(a)REMOVETHIS-allstream.net> wrote in message

> "Skip M" wrote >>
>> You don't get it, though. You said most new lenses will be EF-S, not
>> most new lenses not meant for pro use. And the 70-300 isn't meant for
>> pro use, anyway. And Phil's site, which you have proven so fond of
>> quoting, backs that up, by the way.
>>
> And you don't get that the OP was talking about consumer level dSLR. Yes I
> should have added the words 'most consumer level' to my original reply for
> the sake of the less intuitive, word-by-word reader of the thread.
>
> Take care,
> Linda

Well, then, the 70-300 fits that request, too, doesn't it? It's a lens
aimed at the serious amateur.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com