From: Rajah! on
On Jan 27, 6:47 pm, andy <1...(a)2.3.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:04:02 -0800 (PST), "Rajah!"
>
> <rjtmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi
>
> >Got an M2N-SLI Deluxe, running WinXPP SP3, 32 bit.  Bought a Kingwin
> >EZD-2535 external HD dock, with USB and eSATA cable connection
> >options.  USB works fine, nothing with eSATA.
>
> I have an EZD-2535W connected to a JMB363 eSATA controller on a
> Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard.

Glad to hear of an EZD working thru eSATA. I think the M2N-SLI Deluxe
is incompatible with my EZD. So, I'm searching for a dock that does
work thru eSATA on an M2N-SLI Deluxe.

> >Does anyone with an M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo have an eSATA based HD dock?
> >If so, what brand & model?
>
> >Both ASUS and Kingwin replaced their hardware trying to resolve the
> >problem.  Both were extremely reasonable on the exchanges.  I'm pretty
> >sure that this specific HD dock just will not work with this
> >particular mobo through the eSATA port - so I'm looking for one that
> >will.
>
> >Note - drives work fine when connected internally via internal SATA
> >port & power supply.
>
> Is this with the SATA_RAID1 connector? Otherwise, you would be on the
> nVidia SATA controller, which is independent of the JMicron
> controller.

No, thru one of the standard SATA connectors (there are a group of
them SATA0, SATA1, ...).

> In the Bios, set the JMicron SATAII Controller to AHCI, and under
> Windows XP, execute Setup.exe in folder
> JMicronJMB363_RAID_V11764.zip\Raid\Jmb363.

I've tried changing that setting to AHCI, IDE but it made no
difference - even shutting the PC down, powering up the dock first,
and then booting to WinXPP.

Also, I've run that setup - but it fails (I mentioned it somewhere
above):
Error!
No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found! Setup program will terminate!

From: andy on
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:33:39 -0800 (PST), "Rajah!"
<rjtmoore(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 6:47�pm, andy <1...(a)2.3.invalid> wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:04:02 -0800 (PST), "Rajah!"
>>
>> <rjtmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Hi
>>
>> >Got an M2N-SLI Deluxe, running WinXPP SP3, 32 bit. �Bought a Kingwin
>> >EZD-2535 external HD dock, with USB and eSATA cable connection
>> >options. �USB works fine, nothing with eSATA.
>>
>> I have an EZD-2535W connected to a JMB363 eSATA controller on a
>> Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard.
>
>Glad to hear of an EZD working thru eSATA. I think the M2N-SLI Deluxe
>is incompatible with my EZD. So, I'm searching for a dock that does
>work thru eSATA on an M2N-SLI Deluxe.
>>

>> >Does anyone with an M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo have an eSATA based HD dock?
>> >If so, what brand & model?
>>
>> >Both ASUS and Kingwin replaced their hardware trying to resolve the
>> >problem. �Both were extremely reasonable on the exchanges. �I'm pretty
>> >sure that this specific HD dock just will not work with this
>> >particular mobo through the eSATA port - so I'm looking for one that
>> >will.
>>
>> >Note - drives work fine when connected internally via internal SATA
>> >port & power supply.
>>
>> Is this with the SATA_RAID1 connector? Otherwise, you would be on the
>> nVidia SATA controller, which is independent of the JMicron
>> controller.
>
>No, thru one of the standard SATA connectors (there are a group of
>them SATA0, SATA1, ...).
>

>> In the Bios, set the JMicron SATAII Controller to AHCI, and under
>> Windows XP, execute Setup.exe in folder
>> JMicronJMB363_RAID_V11764.zip\Raid\Jmb363.
>
> I've tried changing that setting to AHCI, IDE but it made no
>difference - even shutting the PC down, powering up the dock first,
>and then booting to WinXPP.
>
>Also, I've run that setup - but it fails (I mentioned it somewhere
>above):
>Error!
>No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found! Setup program will terminate!

You should be able to install the JMicron SATA driver without having
anything connected to the JMicron JMB363 SATA connectors, so the
problem you're experiencing right now has nothing to do with the
docking device.
From: Rob on

"Rajah!" <rjtmoore(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 27, 6:47 pm, andy <1...(a)2.3.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:04:02 -0800 (PST), "Rajah!"
>
> <rjtmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi
>
> >Got an M2N-SLI Deluxe, running WinXPP SP3, 32 bit. Bought a Kingwin
> >EZD-2535 external HD dock, with USB and eSATA cable connection
> >options. USB works fine, nothing with eSATA.
>
> I have an EZD-2535W connected to a JMB363 eSATA controller on a
> Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard.

Glad to hear of an EZD working thru eSATA. I think the M2N-SLI Deluxe
is incompatible with my EZD. So, I'm searching for a dock that does
work thru eSATA on an M2N-SLI Deluxe.

> >Does anyone with an M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo have an eSATA based HD dock?
> >If so, what brand & model?
>
> >Both ASUS and Kingwin replaced their hardware trying to resolve the
> >problem. Both were extremely reasonable on the exchanges. I'm pretty
> >sure that this specific HD dock just will not work with this
> >particular mobo through the eSATA port - so I'm looking for one that
> >will.
>
> >Note - drives work fine when connected internally via internal SATA
> >port & power supply.
>
> Is this with the SATA_RAID1 connector? Otherwise, you would be on the
> nVidia SATA controller, which is independent of the JMicron
> controller.

No, thru one of the standard SATA connectors (there are a group of
them SATA0, SATA1, ...).

> In the Bios, set the JMicron SATAII Controller to AHCI, and under
> Windows XP, execute Setup.exe in folder
> JMicronJMB363_RAID_V11764.zip\Raid\Jmb363.

I've tried changing that setting to AHCI, IDE but it made no
difference - even shutting the PC down, powering up the dock first,
and then booting to WinXPP.

Also, I've run that setup - but it fails (I mentioned it somewhere
above):
Error!
No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found! Setup program will terminate!

Double-check that the JMicron controller is enabled in the BIOS,
then go to Device Manager and check it is visible there (with no
drivers, it should be flagged with a red 'X'. If it isn't visible there,
I would suspect a hardware failure on the motherboard.
If it is visible, try using 'Update Drivers' and choose the option which
says 'Have disk', then browse to the folder where you have previously
extracted the relevant drivers to.
HTH,
--
Rob

From: Rajah! on
Rolled a $9 dice bet and bought a expansion slot card with two eSATA
ports that connect to SATA ports on the motherboard. My EZ Dock is
now connected via the eSATA port.

Still don't know where to look for the JMicron controller in Device
Manager. The setting for JMicron RAID Controller is in the BIOS and
set to AHCI. But trying to load the drivers fails, with the following
error:

From: andy on
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:42:26 -0800 (PST), "Rajah!"
<rjtmoore(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Rolled a $9 dice bet and bought a expansion slot card with two eSATA
>ports that connect to SATA ports on the motherboard. My EZ Dock is
>now connected via the eSATA port.
>
>Still don't know where to look for the JMicron controller in Device
>Manager. The setting for JMicron RAID Controller is in the BIOS and
>set to AHCI. But trying to load the drivers fails, with the following
>error:
>
>Error!
>No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found! Setup program will terminate!

The reason you're getting this error is because the JMicron SATA
interface isn't showing up in device manager. Does the Asus bios show
a list of PCI devices during Post, and if so, is the JMicron
controller listed?