From: Tim Peters on
[nnorwitz(a)gmail.com]
> I work with Guido now and I'm conflicted. I'm still conditioned to say
> tuhple. Whenever he says toople, I just get a smile on my face. I
> think most of the PythonLabs guys pronounce it toople.

"tuhple" is a girly-man affectation. That's why Guido and I both say
the manly "toople". Jeremy's still a baby, so he says "tuhple", and
for the same reasons other adolescent males pierce their nipples.
Barry sucks up to whoever he's talking with at the moment. Fred is a
doc guy, so nobody remembers what he says ;-)

the-acid-test-is-whether-you-say-"xor"-with-one-syllable-or-three-ly y'rs - tim
From: Rocco Moretti on
Erik Max Francis wrote:
> If a 4-tuple is a quadruple, a 3-tuple is a triple, a
> 2-tuple is an pair, then I guess a 1-tuple would be a single. Granted
> that's not nearly as gruesome enough a name to go with the special
> lopsided Pythonic creature mentioned above. I suggest we name it a
> hurgledink.

+1 QOTW
From: Roy Smith on
Tim Peters <tim.peters(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> the-acid-test-is-whether-you-say-"xor"-with-one-syllable-or-three-ly y'rs

I pronounce it with two.
From: John Salerno on
Tim Peters wrote:

> "tuhple" is a girly-man affectation. That's why Guido and I both say
> the manly "toople".

Heh heh. Actually, 'toople' sounds like a noun to me, and 'tuple' sounds
like a verb, so I prefer 'toople' anyway.
From: John Salerno on
::snip a thousand responses::

Well, I'm certainly glad I brought it up. :)