From: Paddy on

(dupple, supple, zupple) = (2,1,0) # :-)

From: Paddy on
Hmm,
I've found a term for a large tuple, a muckle:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Amuckle&btnG=Search&meta=

Definitions of muckle on the Web:

* batch: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or
extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money";
"he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

- Pad

From: Alan Kennedy on
[Terry Hancock]
> So what's a 1-element tuple, anyway? A "mople"? "monople"?
> It does seem like this lopsided pythonic creature (1,) ought
> to have a name to reflect its ugly, newbie-unfriendly
> nature.

It's a "trip-you-uple", which you can pronounce anyway you like ;-)

--
alan kennedy
email alan: http://xhaus.com/contact/alan

From: Erik Max Francis on
Alan Kennedy wrote:

> [Terry Hancock]
>> So what's a 1-element tuple, anyway? A "mople"? "monople"?
>> It does seem like this lopsided pythonic creature (1,) ought
>> to have a name to reflect its ugly, newbie-unfriendly
>> nature.
>
> It's a "trip-you-uple", which you can pronounce anyway you like ;-)

All I hear there is "triple you up," which is good if you're in a poker
tournament, which I suppose tells you where my mind has been lately.

--
Erik Max Francis && max(a)alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have
From: Christoph Zwerschke on
nnorwitz(a)gmail.com schrieb:
> Then we went to hear Guido speak about Python 2.2 at a ZPUG meeting in
> Washington, DC. When he said toople I almost fell out of my chair
> laughing, particularly because the people who taught me to say it the
> "right" way were with me. When I looked over, they just hung their
> head in shame.

"Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch." ;-)

(or German) -- Christoph