From: Mike Russell on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:20:52 +0900, David J. Littleboy wrote:

> It's about usability, not neuroses. That's Rich/RichA's problem; the rest of
> us are taking photos.

If your really believe he has problems, then you may be causing him harm
just to get a reaction and continue what appears to be a sport. If you are
using mental illness to poke fun at him, without thinking that he is really
mentally ill, then you may be indirectly hurting individuals who may read
this exchange now or at a later time, who are afflicted.

Is it worth it for just a few snappy replies to someone who you find
irritating? IMHO, no.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: anonymous on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> And yet they look so pristine in the commercials...
> Like on Star Trek, all the touch-screen computer and ship control..
> They probably went through more Windex than anti-matter.
>
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268602440574716.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

The dirtiest common object is paper money...

From: Mark L on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:46:12 -0400, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
wrote:

>My psychologist friends tell me that our laughter is a form of denial.

Sure. They're just your "friends". We get it. Perhaps you are making better
progress if you think of them that way.

From: Die Wahrheit on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:01:31 -0700, Mike Russell
<groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:20:52 +0900, David J. Littleboy wrote:
>
>> It's about usability, not neuroses. That's Rich/RichA's problem; the rest of
>> us are taking photos.
>
>If your really believe he has problems, then you may be causing him harm
>just to get a reaction and continue what appears to be a sport. If you are
>using mental illness to poke fun at him, without thinking that he is really
>mentally ill, then you may be indirectly hurting individuals who may read
>this exchange now or at a later time, who are afflicted.
>
>Is it worth it for just a few snappy replies to someone who you find
>irritating? IMHO, no.

For people with emotional or mental disorders: forums, newsgroups, chat
rooms, and other forms of online text communications are possibly *the*
worst place for them to get their needs met. Due to the very nature of
being able to read anything they want to or project into others' written
words, they only end up compounding their psychoses and skewed emotional
states. They are purposely choosing to make themselves worse, never better.

From: Twibil on
On May 29, 5:01 pm, Mike Russell <group...(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com>
wrote:

> If your really believe he has problems, then you may be causing him harm
> just to get a reaction and continue what appears to be a sport.

Wrong. The human capacity for rationalization is practically infinate;
and that includes those of us who are, um, "differently rational" just
as much as it does anyone else.

They simply turn it around and decide that *you* are the one who's not
firmly bolted to the floor.

> Is it worth it for just a few snappy replies to someone who you find
> irritating? IMHO, no.

Fine. So don't do it.

Meanwhile, somebody needs to speak to you about your hobby of being a
net-nanny.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Can't get a sharp picture