From: Die Wahrheit on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 22:19:03 -0700 (PDT), Twibil <nowayjose6(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 29, 5:33�pm, Die Wahrheit <diewahrh...(a)somewherehonest.net>
>wrote:
>>

>> For people with emotional or mental disorders: forums, newsgroups, chat
>> rooms, and other forms of online text communications are possibly *the*
>> worst place for them to get their needs met. Due to the very nature of
>> being able to read anything they want to or project into others' written
>> words, they only end up compounding their psychoses and skewed emotional
>> states.
>
>This is mostly true and fairly insightful.
>
>> They are purposely choosing to make themselves worse, never better.
>
>This is just plain wrong: psychotics by their very nature almost never
>think that there's anything really wrong with themselves, so from
>their viewpoint they're not choosing to make themselves "worse".

I guess that's what you get for reading into words. It was not written from
their perspective, it was written from an observer's POV. I find it
interesting, from whose POV that you chose to read it.

From: Rich on
Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:httjcp$3oj$1(a)news.albasani.net:

> On 28/05/2010 5:05 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> And yet they look so pristine in the commercials...
>> Like on Star Trek, all the touch-screen computer and ship control..
>> They probably went through more Windex than anti-matter.
>>
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268602440574
>> 716.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird
>>
> There's an "oleophobic coating" on the screen, to resist oily
> fingerprints. It appears to be a fluorochemical coating.
> These are quite effective as oleophobic treatments, but for one
> problem - they don't repel silicones. Silicone oils tend to spread
> out as a monolayer over the fluoropolymer surface, and as the silicone
> isn't oleophobic, then the surface completely loses it's oleophobic
> property.
> It's then very hard to remove the silicone oil without damaging the
> fluoropolyomer or substrate.
> So, perhaps a useless fact for the day, but particularly for women who
> use hand cremes and moisturiser, most of those contain silicone oil
> (often stated in ingredients as dimethicone, sometimes PDMS), then I
> wouldn't expect the oil/finger grease resistant treatment to last very
> long at all.

I can just SEE the paranoid soccer moms, with their little purse bottles of
alcogel, "Don't touch it, Johnny!!"
From: George Kerby on

On 6/2/10 5:57 PM, in article G-KdnSP3z-V_fJvRnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com,
"Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

> Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:httjcp$3oj$1(a)news.albasani.net:
>
>> On 28/05/2010 5:05 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> And yet they look so pristine in the commercials...
>>> Like on Star Trek, all the touch-screen computer and ship control..
>>> They probably went through more Windex than anti-matter.
>>>
>>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268602440574
>>> 716.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird
>>>
>> There's an "oleophobic coating" on the screen, to resist oily
>> fingerprints. It appears to be a fluorochemical coating.
>> These are quite effective as oleophobic treatments, but for one
>> problem - they don't repel silicones. Silicone oils tend to spread
>> out as a monolayer over the fluoropolymer surface, and as the silicone
>> isn't oleophobic, then the surface completely loses it's oleophobic
>> property.
>> It's then very hard to remove the silicone oil without damaging the
>> fluoropolyomer or substrate.
>> So, perhaps a useless fact for the day, but particularly for women who
>> use hand cremes and moisturiser, most of those contain silicone oil
>> (often stated in ingredients as dimethicone, sometimes PDMS), then I
>> wouldn't expect the oil/finger grease resistant treatment to last very
>> long at all.
>>

> I can just SEE the paranoid soccer moms, with their little purse bottles of
> alcogel, "Don't touch it, Johnny!!"

Your mother told you the same thing.

You should have listened to her, now you got hair interfering with your
keyboard. Pity...

From: mike on
In article <fbd4d798-a2a2-4871-8490-
7a9b4ff4ea4d(a)v18g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, rander3127(a)gmail.com says...
> On May 28, 5:15 am, DanP <dan.pe...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 28 May, 06:05, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And yet they look so pristine in the commercials...
> > > Like on Star Trek, all the touch-screen computer and ship control..
> > > They probably went through more Windex than anti-matter.
> >
> > >http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870471700457526860244057....
> >
> > Well, it is because you can see the grease on the screen.
> > I keep my HTC Dream in its pouch and I avoid touching my cameras LCD
> > and my computer monitor.
> >
> > There is more filth on a door handle but you you cannot see it.
> > Think about that.
> >
> > DanP
>
> I was referring only to the visible aspect. You can't avoid touching
> dirty surfaces somewhere, but at least you don't have to look at it.
> Nothing is UGLIER than an LCD with filth on it. Keyboards are bad
> enough.

Keyboards need a bit of finger-grease build up. Otherwise how can you
visually tell which keys you press the most and the least?

Mike (least used key is the single-back-quote)
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Can't get a sharp picture
Next: another cool shot