From: Pasi Ojala on
On 2006-09-15, Elerion <elerion_removethespam_(a)vip.hr> wrote:
> (s-jiffydos and piffydos were a step in a good direction, but too few
> people are actually using them, because of the fact that they would
> have to make an illegal copy of jiffydos in order to do so...)

They can purchase jiffydos, then it is not illegal.

-Pasi
--
"Elayne, it shames me to admit it, but I will take him any way I can
get him. Not that either of us has much choice. Light, he's scrambled
From: christianlott1 on

Pasi Ojala wrote:
> On 2006-09-15, Elerion <elerion_removethespam_(a)vip.hr> wrote:
> > (s-jiffydos and piffydos were a step in a good direction, but too few
> > people are actually using them, because of the fact that they would
> > have to make an illegal copy of jiffydos in order to do so...)
>
> They can purchase jiffydos, then it is not illegal.
>
> -Pasi

MAURICE RANDALL IS ILLEGAL!

From: Groepaz on

> E> If someone kept the rights to hm... let's say Action Replay ROM
> E> untill today.
>
> They did, Datel just doesn't care about what we do with it (unless I
> missed something, RR is an unofficial hack).

yes indeed :) and so far, even that unofficial hack is not open source
either (and probably wont ever be)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org
http://www.gc-linux.org/docs/yagcd.html

Wem bewusst ist, dass er im Atomzeitalter lebt, und sich dem
Militaerdienstzwang trotzdem nicht widersetzt, gedankenlos in die Kasernen
trottet, obwohl er den Kriegsdienst verweigern kann - den kann ich nicht
einmal mehr bedauern. Er hat nur durch einen Irrtum sein Grosshirn
bekommen, das Rueckenmark haette ihm vollkommen genuegt.
<Albert Einstein>

From: Sam Gillett on

"christianlott1" wrote ...

> MAURICE RANDALL IS ILLEGAL!

Calm down Ramswell. Your caps lock is stuck again.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

From: Elerion on
On 16 Sep 2006 12:04:55 +0200, MagerValp <MagerValp(a)cling.gu.se>
wrote:

>You're just not making a very good point.

Maybe, but I feel better after sharing my opinions. I'm sure a lot of
people agree with me, but remain silent bicause they don't want to
hurt anyone's feelings.

>Sure, I hacked in the Swedish keyboard layout, and sent it to Maurice
>who added it as an official option.

For the money you (we) payed for Jiffydos (in one time or another) you
should have demanded from CMD customer service to do the keyboard hack
for you. imho. Unless ofcourse you now own CMD shares. :-)

>RR is a reverse engineered hardware clone which is perfectly legal.
>Users have to flash the copyrighted AR firmware themselves.

No argue here. But that's just because Datel doesn't care that AR or
RR roms are publicly available for download.

If Datel cared, and we apply same logic you described for legalizing
s-jiffydos and piffydos, after buying RR I would have to buy AR 4, 5
and 6, Nordic, and few other Cartridges whos roms I used with RR,
including the AR rom that was used as a core for a RR rom, and then,
after reading the right cartridge ROM, i would have to patch it using
publicly available patch to make RR ROM. :-)
In this case I would not buy RR, because using it legaly would be too
expensive, product would still remain in a legal gray zone, and it
would be just way too much trouble for my taste.

And that's exactly what buying new Jiffydos to make s-jiffydos is. Way
too much trouble.