From: "John P." John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot on
Hi,

I've got a mixwiz 16:2 with a few problems - I'm (still) waiting for a
service manual from Allen & Heath, but until I get hold of one, has anyone
seen a schematic online anywhere?

Many thanks
John

From: Arny Krueger on
"John P." <John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot uk> wrote
in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a mixwiz 16:2 with a few problems - I'm (still)
> waiting for a service manual from Allen & Heath, but
> until I get hold of one, has anyone seen a schematic
> online anywhere?

Schematics for discontinued A&H mixers including earlier WZ 16:2 are
online at the A & H web site:

http://www.allen-heath.com/veterans/

It is probable but not certain that later models are evolutionary upgrades
of earlier ones.

From: McSteve on
"John P." <John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> I've got a mixwiz 16:2 with a few problems

How old is the mixer, and what are the symptoms?
I ask because I bought one back in March, and am curious
to know what I might be in for down the road.
So far, mine has less than 100 hrs on it.

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: "John P." John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot on
Arny Krueger wrote:
> "John P." <John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot uk> wrote
> in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a mixwiz 16:2 with a few problems - I'm (still)
>> waiting for a service manual from Allen & Heath, but
>> until I get hold of one, has anyone seen a schematic
>> online anywhere?
>
> Schematics for discontinued A&H mixers including earlier WZ 16:2 are
> online at the A & H web site:
>
> http://www.allen-heath.com/veterans/
>
> It is probable but not certain that later models are evolutionary
> upgrades of earlier ones.

Thanks for that - but I had looked there prior to contacting A&H. That page
doesn't bring up any schematics I can see.

They will release them but I have to get the service dept and sales dept to
just agree - I'm sure they'll start talking if I keep calling but I just
wondered if I could shortcut the process.

Cheers
John

From: "John P." John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot on
McSteve wrote:
> "John P." <John at Pinchin dot karoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
>> I've got a mixwiz 16:2 with a few problems
>
> How old is the mixer, and what are the symptoms?
> I ask because I bought one back in March, and am curious
> to know what I might be in for down the road.
> So far, mine has less than 100 hrs on it.

Hi Steve,
This is the mk2 with good few miles on the clock ;-)

In this case it's the power section of the board - blew a fuse (and
replacement), inspection of the board shows a few burnt out components :-(

As I understand it there are some (possibly rare?) issues with dry joints on
the mk1 &2 and the ribbon cables are a little fragile if you change the
position of the connector panel a lot.
The mk3 has the option of an external power supply so that's probably a wise
investment.

Cheers
John