From: Nisse Engström on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:13:13 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> http://teamalgebra.com/

Apparently, I have a flaky keyboard...

When I type "g=mc2==" on the [unbookmarkable tab], I get
"G0MC200" (and the "2" also triggers a browser shortcut).
And there are heaps of other peculiarities on that site.

/Nisse
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Nisse Engstr�m wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:13:13 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
>> http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> Apparently, I have a flaky keyboard...

Or unsupported browser or both, but...

> When I type "g=mc2==" on the [unbookmarkable tab],

Yeah, I hate that. I suppose I could find a workaround but not sure it
matters to my app.

> I get
> "G0MC200" (and the "2" also triggers a browser shortcut).

Re the latter, yeah, I need to get that preventDefault back in there in
re the shortcut.

Anyway, I am making headway on the jsMath and can confirm the "mssing
keys" phenomenon. My test of "without installed TeX fonts" was flawed,
but that is sorted out now. I am actually developing now without TeX
fonts installed. Next release later today will work /unless/ TeX fonts
are installed (but I think I can make it work both ways with a quick
hack, deeper fix in a day or seven).

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On Jul 31, 2:36 pm, Nisse Engström <news.NOSPAM.id...(a)luden.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:13:13 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> >    http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> Apparently, I have a flaky keyboard...

That's as maybe, but the culprit here is likely Kenny's flaky app.

> When I type "g=mc2==" on the [unbookmarkable tab],

That I don't mind as I don't think tabbed interfaces should mimic
navigation. They should persist their state though (e.g. with
cookies, local storage, etc.)

> I get
> "G0MC200" (and the "2" also triggers a browser shortcut).
> And there are heaps of other peculiarities on that site.

Not unsurprising and it will require debugging a meg of dubious JS to
track them down.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 31, 3:03 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Nisse Engström wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:13:13 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
> >>    http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> > Apparently, I have a flaky keyboard...
>
> Or unsupported browser or both, but...

How do you quantify what you "support" with a browser sniffing
framework like qooxdoo? Do you just take their word for it?

And I believe Nisse is using the latest Opera.

> > When I type "g=mc2==" on the [unbookmarkable tab],
>
> Yeah, I hate that. I suppose I could find a workaround but not sure it
> matters to my app.
>
> > I get
> > "G0MC200" (and the "2" also triggers a browser shortcut).
>
> Re the latter, yeah, I need to get that preventDefault back in there in
> re the shortcut.

Which may or may not be effective.

> Anyway, I am making headway on the jsMath and can confirm the "mssing
> keys" phenomenon. My test of "without installed TeX fonts" was flawed,
> but that is sorted out now. I am actually developing now without TeX
> fonts installed. Next release later today will work /unless/ TeX fonts
> are installed (but I think I can make it work both ways with a quick
> hack, deeper fix in a day or seven).

Or seventy, by which time qooxdoo will have released a new version to
"support" the latest browsers and all of your patches will have to be
redone.

You are on a treadmill, Kenny. You really should learn HTML, CSS and
JS before trying to write a Web application. Basically, you are
trying to do algebra before you've learned basic arithmetic. ;)
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2:36 pm, Nisse Engstr�m <news.NOSPAM.id...(a)luden.se> wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:13:13 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>>> http://teamalgebra.com/
>> Apparently, I have a flaky keyboard...
>
> That's as maybe, but the culprit here is likely Kenny's flaky app.
>
>> When I type "g=mc2==" on the [unbookmarkable tab],
>
> That I don't mind as I don't think tabbed interfaces should mimic
> navigation. They should persist their state though (e.g. with
> cookies, local storage, etc.)
>
>> I get
>> "G0MC200" (and the "2" also triggers a browser shortcut).
>> And there are heaps of other peculiarities on that site.
>>

> Not unsurprising and it will require debugging a meg of dubious JS to
> track them down.

Let's see what the browser/engine is first. Team qooxdoo seems to have
run up the white flag on Opera key events. My investors (me) are
prepared to lose that market. Of course if Mr. Mark can provide a
/universal/ HTML API for key events I'll just load his code and embed my
client code that uses it in a qx.ui.embed.Html widget and be singing his
praises too.

kt

I waded thru more than a little qooxdoo code to determine they had left
the model property off the RadioGroupBox widget. Doing so was not the
end of the world. Sorry. k