From: williamc on
On 8/2/2010 9:37 PM, Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> Curren plan for world domination:
>
> 1. make the functionality and UI good enough to offer with a straight face.
>
> 2. offer it selectively to build the load gradually to find the limits
> on the current AWS instance.
>
> 3. react intelligently to what is learned in #2, either by tuning the
> app or (if the app seems OK) using a different AWS instance or just
> getting more instances into play.
>
> 4. announce here that I am committing suicide because qooxdoo let me
> down. It won't be true, but it will give Mr. Mark a moment of satisfaction.
>
> kt

Running Win XP in FF 3.6.8 and Chrome 5, I still see the problem with
the top of some of your text being cut off.

screen shot at http://williamc.com/temp/algebra/tcenter.gif

--williamc
From: Kenneth Tilton on
williamc wrote:
> On 8/2/2010 9:37 PM, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>

>> Curren plan for world domination:
>>
>> 1. make the functionality and UI good enough to offer with a straight face.
>>
>> 2. offer it selectively to build the load gradually to find the limits
>> on the current AWS instance.
>>
>> 3. react intelligently to what is learned in #2, either by tuning the
>> app or (if the app seems OK) using a different AWS instance or just
>> getting more instances into play.
>>
>> 4. announce here that I am committing suicide because qooxdoo let me
>> down. It won't be true, but it will give Mr. Mark a moment of satisfaction.
>>
>> kt
>>

> Running Win XP in FF 3.6.8 and Chrome 5, I still see the problem with
> the top of some of your text being cut off.

Yes, that is unresolved. It comes and goes for me on all stacks.
Resetting Safari clears it, but that might just be because I also have
to reload the session. But reloading the session does not always do it.
Could be a random thing.

I used to think it was rebuilding my code from scratch (Lisp is a little
non-deterministic based on how one builds), but (a) I was suspicious of
that based on the code and (b) I discovered /sometimes/ the other
methods cleared the problem.

I have now added code to (a) use the jsMath \bbox extension to have
jsMath generate summary bounds; (b) altered the generated JS to send
back the generated HTML; and (c) pulled in net.aserve.parser so I can
parse the HTML into Lisp data structures. Sadly it does not descend into
the style strings, but that should not be too hard to add. Talk about
round trips! Anyway, when it happens again I'll be able to see what is
different.

If it does not happen again, (a) I have a clue and (b) I'll back out the
bbox and figure out the summary bounds myself and see what is going on.

> screen shot at http://williamc.com/temp/algebra/tcenter.gif

Thx for the trouble.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: C.R. Kirkwood-Watts on
__ Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> _____
| Weird radio group behavior when one used a radio item that was a
| complex widget itself. Dig dig dig... aha! I had noticed they had
| cocked things up by not letting the complex item have a "model"
| property, and guess where the problem originated?

Why do you insist on posting these updates (or whatever they are) to
c.l.lisp (or c.l.javascript for that matter)? Just put them on your
blog and folks who are interested will find them via Google.

Alternatively, isn't there a qooxdoo mailing list or similar where you
could place your meanderings?

Chris.
From: williamc on
On 8/3/2010 9:49 AM, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> williamc wrote:

>> Running Win XP in FF 3.6.8 and Chrome 5, I still see the problem with
>> the top of some of your text being cut off.

> Yes, that is unresolved. It comes and goes for me on all stacks.
> Resetting Safari clears it, but that might just be because I also have
> to reload the session. But reloading the session does not always do it.
> Could be a random thing.
>
> I used to think it was rebuilding my code from scratch (Lisp is a little
> non-deterministic based on how one builds), but (a) I was suspicious of
> that based on the code and (b) I discovered /sometimes/ the other
> methods cleared the problem.
>
> I have now added code to (a) use the jsMath \bbox extension to have
> jsMath generate summary bounds; (b) altered the generated JS to send
> back the generated HTML; and (c) pulled in net.aserve.parser so I can
> parse the HTML into Lisp data structures. Sadly it does not descend into
> the style strings, but that should not be too hard to add. Talk about
> round trips! Anyway, when it happens again I'll be able to see what is
> different.
>
> If it does not happen again, (a) I have a clue and (b) I'll back out the
> bbox and figure out the summary bounds myself and see what is going on.
>

>> screen shot at http://williamc.com/temp/algebra/tcenter.gif
>>

> Thx for the trouble.
>
> kt

Hmmm. The problem also manifested on the typing tutor tab (I was doing
some quick usability feedback, but didn't finish), so I'm assuming it's
everywhere until it goes away - which it did. I don't recall doing a
browser refresh per se. Just all of a sudden when I went into the edit
box the text looked OK.

--williamc
From: Kenneth Tilton on
C.R. Kirkwood-Watts wrote:
> __ Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> _____
> | Weird radio group behavior when one used a radio item that was a
> | complex widget itself. Dig dig dig... aha! I had noticed they had
> | cocked things up by not letting the complex item have a "model"
> | property, and guess where the problem originated?
>
> Why do you insist on posting these updates (or whatever they are) to
> c.l.lisp (or c.l.javascript for that matter)? Just put them on your
> blog and folks who are interested will find them via Google.

I'll do what you tell me to do when you do what I am over here wishing
you would do.

kt