From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Aug 2, 12:39 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> "People without the Internet" being my cue.
>
> But then I remembered WebKit was available as a library to bring RIAs to
> the desktop.... doh!

I don't think "library" would be the proper term here. Also, don't
overlook the fact that anyone with IE5+ also has support for HTML
Applications and then there is Mozilla's XUL...
From: MarkHaniford on

> kt
>
> ps: this should work now:http://teamalgebra.com/#TRAINING

I guess these Europeans are still on 300 baud Hayes or something,
because it loads up in a couple seconds for me.

From: RobG on
On Aug 3, 1:07 am, Tim Streater <timstrea...(a)waitrose.com> wrote:
> In article
> <fadb2721-6291-429e-93b9-2465902eb...(a)o7g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
>  RobG <rg...(a)iinet.net.au> wrote:
[...]
> > How do you replicate the Windows delete key on a Mac laptop? The Mac
> > delete key is equivalent (more or less) to the Windows backspace key,
> > fn+delete is the equivalent of the delete key.
>
> Hmmm, on my Apple keyboard here, I have both backward and forward delete
> as standard keys (i.e. no fn required).

On your Mac *laptop*?

--
Rob
From: Kenneth Tilton on
MarkHaniford(a)gmail.com wrote:
>> kt
>>
>> ps: this should work now:http://teamalgebra.com/#TRAINING
>>

> I guess these Europeans are still on 300 baud Hayes or something,
> because it loads up in a couple seconds for me.

Europeans... can you believe we bailed them out in WW II only to be
treated like this? <sigh>

I try to keep an open mind. Sometimes I see the thing load incredibly
slowly, which gets cured by resetting my browser. I suspect AllegroServe
is somehow getting confused and then doing a multi-second something on
each request.

Curren plan for world domination:

1. make the functionality and UI good enough to offer with a straight face.

2. offer it selectively to build the load gradually to find the limits
on the current AWS instance.

3. react intelligently to what is learned in #2, either by tuning the
app or (if the app seems OK) using a different AWS instance or just
getting more instances into play.

4. announce here that I am committing suicide because qooxdoo let me
down. It won't be true, but it will give Mr. Mark a moment of satisfaction.

kt

From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 3, 12:00 pm, Tim Streater <timstrea...(a)waitrose.com> wrote:
> In article <4C5772E1.4040...(a)gmail.com>,
>  Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I guess these Europeans are still on 300 baud Hayes or something,
> > > because it loads up in a couple seconds for me.
>
> > Europeans... can you believe we bailed them out in WW II only to be
> > treated like this? <sigh>
>
> All for nothing, eh? You might like to read this:
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tizard_Mission

LOL. It's just a bu$ine$$. And... "We bailed them out" ? We had to
manage for the evil to help us. Neither you, nor the brits nor the
french. Good. Thanks. <sigh>
--
Jorge.