From: Nico Coesel on
John Larkin <jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parade_deaths_5
>

>What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.

Just yell 'Bomb' in a busy US airport and see what happens. Or it may
be that Americans are just too fat to run anyway :-)

nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: Nico Coesel on
John Larkin <jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parade_deaths_5
>

>What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.

I did some research with Google and I'm afraid you are wrong:

http://dolly.ninemsn.com.au/dollywood/gossip/976824/teen-hottie-justin-bieber-causes-stampede-at-us-mall

nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: Nunya on
On Jul 25, 8:48 am, n...(a)puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote:
> John Larkin <jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parad...
>
> >What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
> >in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
> >Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
> >potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>
> I did some research with Google and I'm afraid you are wrong:

Dude! You are an IDIOT! Show us where all the dead are
in that "incident". Get a clue.
From: Cydrome Leader on
Bitrex <bitrex(a)de.lete.earthlink.net> wrote:
> mpm wrote:
> mpm wrote:
>> On Jul 24, 12:30 pm, John Larkin
>> <jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parad...
>>>
>>> What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>>> in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>>> Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>>> potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>>>
>>> There have been some really nasty ones at european sports events, or
>>> the Haj.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Here in America, we prefer to set people on fire!
>> See link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire
>>

>> On Jul 24, 12:30 pm, John Larkin
>> <jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parad...
>>>
>>> What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>>> in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>>> Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>>> potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>>>
>>> There have been some really nasty ones at european sports events, or
>>> the Haj.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Here in America, we prefer to set people on fire!
>> See link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire
>>

> Nightclub fires of that magnitude seem to be an almost annual
> occurrence in Russia.

yes, and indonesia.
From: John Larkin on
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:48:19 GMT, nico(a)puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

>John Larkin <jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>

>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parade_deaths_5
>>

>>What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>>in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>>Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>>potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>
>I did some research with Google and I'm afraid you are wrong:
>
>http://dolly.ninemsn.com.au/dollywood/gossip/976824/teen-hottie-justin-bieber-causes-stampede-at-us-mall

One broken arm isn't very high on the tragedy scale.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-07/25/c_13414003.htm

John