From: JosephKK on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:05:42 -0500, "amdx" <amdx(a)knology.net> wrote:

>--
>MikeK
>"Nunya" <jack_shephard(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>On Jul 24, 10:30 am, Trickle Charge
><jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parad...
>>
> Johnny "Trickle Charge" Larkin wrote:
>
>> What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
>> in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
>> Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
>> potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>>
>> There have been some really nasty ones at european sports events, or
>> the Haj.
>>
>> John
>
>> You're a damned utter retard if you do not remember
>>the Who Concert at Cincinnati Riverfront Coliseum, 1979.
>
>>http://www.crowdsafe.com/taskrpt/
>
>Anyone else want to stand with me as a damned utter retard.
>I don't remember it!
> MikeK

Damn, i hadn't heard of it ever either until now. Just one more in
hundreds of similar failings over the 1960s and 1970s.

Wanna bet that OP has not heard of any of the 17 concerts at
Winterland in SF that resulted in multiple preventable deaths.
From: Nunya on
On Jul 30, 8:50 pm, "JosephKK"<quiettechb...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:05:42 -0500, "amdx" <a...(a)knology.net> wrote:
>
> >--
> >MikeK
> >"Nunya" <jack_sheph...(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> >On Jul 24, 10:30 am, Trickle Charge
> ><jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
> >>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100724/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_love_parad....
>
> >  Johnny "Trickle Charge" Larkin wrote:
>
> >> What's weird is that such people-crushing panics don't seem to happen
> >> in the US or the UK. Anybody who has been in the French Quarter at
> >> Mardi Gras, or Times Square on New Years Eve, will appreciate the
> >> potential for panic. But it doesn't happen here.
>
> >> There have been some really nasty ones at european sports events, or
> >> the Haj.
>
> >> John
>
> >>  You're a damned utter retard if you do not remember
> >>the Who Concert at Cincinnati Riverfront Coliseum, 1979.
>
> >>http://www.crowdsafe.com/taskrpt/
>
> >Anyone else want to stand with me as a damned utter retard.
> >I don't remember it!
> >                   MikeK
>
> Damn, i hadn't heard of it ever either until now.  Just one more in
> hundreds of similar failings over the 1960s and 1970s.
>
> Wanna bet that OP has not heard of any of the 17 concerts at
> Winterland in SF that resulted in multiple preventable deaths.

He is from SF, so I'll bet he is aware of at least a few..

I str the Hells Angels doing some foul deed one day at a
concert up that way.

But that isn't a stampede. Maybe you should broaden your
reading skills. Start with things like thread topic headers.
From: Michael A. Terrell on

Grant wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:17:26 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> >Jim Thompson wrote:

> >> Cincinnati, home of Jerry Springer. So what would you expect?
> >

> > It's too bad that dimbulb (nunya) wasn't there, when it happened.
>
> You wouldn't mean something like:
>
> "there's a bus coming soon, be under it"

Why ruin a perfectly good bus?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
From: JosephKK on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 03:49:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>Grant wrote:

>> > It's too bad that dimbulb (nunya) wasn't there, when it happened.
>>
>> You wouldn't mean something like:
>>
>> "there's a bus coming soon, be under it"
>

> Why ruin a perfectly good bus?

Oh the toxic waste problem, i am sure you could clean the bus with an
ordinary pressure washer, and there a way to get rid of the waste.
From: Michael A. Terrell on

JosephKK wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 03:49:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
> <mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> >Grant wrote:

> >> You wouldn't mean something like:
> >>
> >> "there's a bus coming soon, be under it"
> >

> > Why ruin a perfectly good bus?
>
> Oh the toxic waste problem, i am sure you could clean the bus with an
> ordinary pressure washer, and there a way to get rid of the waste.

A steam roller would be more appropriate, when spreading blacktop. :)