From: Rod Speed on
Craig wrote:
> "Andy" <nospam@> wrote in message
>> Craig wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, but at least you are not broadcasting to the world every time
>>> you download.
>>
>> I take it that you *don't* realise that your IP address is logged on
>> every web site/server you visit, right?
>>

> Yes, but that is different to P2P where while you are downloading a file the whole P2P swarm will know your IP
> address.

Fat lot of use that is to anyone if you do the obvious thing and ensure its not your IP.

From: Craig on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Craig wrote
>> Swampfox <noidea(a)whocares.com> wrote
>>> Craig wrote

>>> If you're worried about it use a VPN service,
>
>> Wouldn't the VPN service be required to divulge access details if a court
>> asked them?
>
> Not if its outside this country.
>
> And some of them deliberate keep no records, so
> even within this country, there is nothing to divulge.

Are there any free ones that don't keep records?

From: Craig on

> Craig wrote:
>> "Andy" <nospam@> wrote in message

>>> I take it that you *don't* realise that your IP address is logged on
>>> every web site/server you visit, right?
>>>

>> Yes, but only your ISP and that site has those details. Contrast
>> that to P2P where the whole world can potentially see that your ISP
>> is involved in the sharing of certain files.
>
> They can see that even without you personally using the P2P system.

I meant IP instead of ISP.

From: Craig on

> Craig wrote:
>> "Andy" <nospam@> wrote in message

>>> I take it that you *don't* realise that your IP address is logged on
>>> every web site/server you visit, right?
>>>

>> Yes, but that is different to P2P where while you are downloading a file
>> the whole P2P swarm will know your IP address.
>
> Fat lot of use that is to anyone if you do the obvious thing and ensure
> its not your IP.

How can you receive data from the swarm if the swarm doesn't know your real
IP address?

From: Craig on

"atec7 7" <""atec77 \"@ hotmail.com"> wrote in message
..>>
>> It has in the past, and it has here.
>>
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/riaa-wins-court-case-against-u-s-file-sharer-62033073.htm
>>
>> http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digital-life/games/nintendo-pirate-just-a-shy-gamer-dad-20100210-nrlr.html
>>
>> The rule of thumb in Australia seems to be don't upload anything likely
>> to be in big demand, download to your heart's content.
> Simple solution is rent a seed site and ftp to your hearts content

I thought the whole idea was that you weren't paying for the content?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: How do I turn my mouse off?
Next: Centrelink error...