From: Craig on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Craig wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Craig wrote

>>> Not if you use a redirector it isnt.
>
>>> All the swarm ever knows is that someone else is using that redirector.
>
>> Will a free redirector give you good download speeds?
>
> Yep.

Why would they give you that much bandwidth for free? What's in it for
them?

From: Craig on

>> What makes you so sure about this?
>
> Because there is nothing to be gained by doing that.
>
> There was something to be gained by shafting an uploader.

Why did they do in the US then? All P2P downloaders at fast speeds are
uploaders.

>>> Wrong. If they do sue individual downloaders, it will be
>>> in countrys where thats much more productive than here.
>
>> You think Australia will be a safe-haven for downloaders?
>
> In the sense that they wont be sued here, yes.
>
>> Are you aware of the the Aus-US free trade agreement?
>
> Its completely and utterly irrelevant to that particular question.
>
> The US doesnt get to write our law as a result of that agreement.

>>> Wrong. Its completely trivial to do that.
>
>> Will that work through all ISPs?
>
> Some do choose to block P2P traffic, but even those can be trivially
> bypassed using VPNs.

Are there free and fast VPNs which don't keep records?

From: Epsilon on
Craig wrote:
> "Loreen" <silverrings99(a)Use-Author-Supplied-Address.invalid> wrote in
> message news:hpn84g$vnt$1(a)tioat.net...

>>> The likelihood of them suing isn't relevant, the only thing that's
>>> relevant is the likelihood of a copyright holder suing successfully.
>>
>> There isn't much doubt that a copyright holder could find an
>> individual who has breached copyright. In the real world, copyright
>> holders don't sue such an individual, for normal commercial reasons.
>> Microsoft, for example, just doesn't sue an individual who has
>> merely breached its copyright.
>>

> They do go after the individual. See:
>
> http://www.zdnetasia.com/riaa-wins-court-case-against-u-s-file-sharer-62033073.htm
> http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digital-life/games/nintendo-pirate-just-a-shy-gamer-dad-20100210-nrlr.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_v._Thomas

Ho hum...

From: F Murtz on
Craig wrote:
> "Rod Speed"<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Time is money.
>>
>> Like hell it is for most downloaders.
>>
>> In spades when it happens in the background as all P2P traffic does.
>>

> If it's too slow it defeats the purpose. It has to be less hassle than
> going to the video store, otherwise there's no point.

video stores cost money.

From: F Murtz on
Craig wrote:
> "Rod Speed"<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Craig wrote
>>> Rod Speed<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> Time is money.
>>
>> Like hell it is with individual P2P downloaders doing the downloading in
>> the background.
>
> Time is the issue. If it takes 2 weeks to download it then the advantage to
> the downloader is lost. They might as well go to the music store.

You seem to assume that every body has money, in some cases the reason
that people use p2p is because of the lack of it.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Prev: How do I turn my mouse off?
Next: Centrelink error...