From: ralph on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:49:48 +1000, idgat <anon(a)anon.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:49:38 +0800, "Craig" <craig_s(a)spam.com.biz>
>wrote:
>
>>If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that your are
>>seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people use such
>>technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the copyright
>>holders?
>
>Because they're probably the same dummies who download pirated
>software and complain that their a/v program warns them the crack file
>is infected with a virus.
>
>D/loaders who don't use progs like Peer Blocker and/or Peer Guardian
>deserve everything that's coming to them!! The sooner their internet
>is disconnected and they're out of the system, the better!!

PML ... anyone who thinks progs like Peer Guardian and Peer Blocker
will protect you probably deserve the same.
From: ralph on
wrote:

>If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that your are
>seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people use such
>technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the copyright
>holders?
>
>Wouldn't it be safer to just download from file server sites via http? At
>least only then your ISP knows what you're downloading.

Outside of premium newsgroup servers, what magic file server site
carries copyright material directly on their server available for
downloading, and how long would they last before the copyright holder
goes after them?
From: Rod Speed on
Craig wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Craig wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> What about your PC?

>> It wouldnt be in my name either.

> If your computer and your internet connection are in another name then that name will be liable.

Never said a word about the net connection, stupid.

From: Rod Speed on
ralph wrote
> Craig <craig_s(a)spam.com.biz> wrote

>> If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that
>> your are seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people
>> use such technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the
>> copyright holders?

>> Wouldn't it be safer to just download from file server sites via
>> http? At least only then your ISP knows what you're downloading.

> Outside of premium newsgroup servers, what magic file server site
> carries copyright material directly on their server available for downloading,

Rapidshare for starters. It aint alone either.

> and how long would they last before the copyright holder goes after them?

They've lasted fine.

From: Swampfox on
Rod Speed wrote:

<snip>

> Just as true of other uploaders.
>
>> That's why he was pursued by the copyright holder.
>
> Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.
>
>> Most P2P users upload only parts of what they download,
>
> Oh bullshit.

You obviously have no idea how bittorrent works or don't use it.
Some private trackers demand that your up/down ratio stays at or near 1:1 so
in those cases people will upload as much as they download, the teenagers
grabbing songs or the latest TV shows or movies snatch the torrent then
bail, for popular torrents they will upload virtually nothing, at most 5% of
what they download, and these cases are by far the most common.

>> depending on how early you jump on a new torrent you can upload
>> anywhere between most of it or virtually nothing if there are a lot
>> of seeds and few peers, for most users there is no point in
>> disabling uploads and in any case it defeats the purpose of P2P
>> which is dependant on "sharing".
>
> Not if only the mindlessly paranoid/neurotic bother.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Prev: How do I turn my mouse off?
Next: Centrelink error...