From: terryc on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:41:25 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

> terryc wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> No legal costs that way, fuckwit. So no Sheriff, fool.
>
>> Lol, You haven't a clue.
>
> You havent, as always.
>
> http://www.artslaw.com.au/LegalInformation/DebtRecovery/
DebtRecoveryNSW.asp

> Generally, the successful party is not entitled to claim their legal
> costs from the other party
>
> Keep desperately digging.

You might want to follow your own advice. That url is general information
covering Australia wide. As I have previously stated, in NSW Small Claims
there are agreed legal costs that can be claimed and these include around
$6??(600+) in maxiumum legal costs, all filing and lodgement fees and all
expert witness costs.
From: The Old Bloke on

Have a look at www.downarchive.com

Many many new copyright software, films, etc are added daily
From: Sylvia Else on
On 8/04/2010 10:16 AM, Epsilon wrote:
> Craig wrote:
>> If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that
>> your are seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people use
>> such technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the
>> copyright holders?
>
> Several reasons.
>
> 1. The downloader is basically stupid.
>
> 2. The downloader doesn't have a cracker, so isn't worth suing.

And it's questionable how much could be recovered anyway. The loss to a
copyright holder of a single breach of copyright on a typical movie is
probably in the region of $15 at the very most. If they start legal
proceedings, and the infringer makes an offer of settlement of that
amount, the copyright holder risks ending up covering both their own
costs and those of the infringer, if they don't accept the offer, and
instead pursue litigation. The copyright holder could seek punitive
damages, but there's no certainty they'd get it.

Sylvia.

From: 454 on
Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 8/04/2010 10:16 AM, Epsilon wrote:
>> Craig wrote:
>>> If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that
>>> your are seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people
>>> use such technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the
>>> copyright holders?
>>
>> Several reasons.
>>
>> 1. The downloader is basically stupid.
>>
>> 2. The downloader doesn't have a cracker, so isn't worth suing.
>>

> And it's questionable how much could be recovered anyway. The loss to
> a copyright holder of a single breach of copyright on a typical movie
> is probably in the region of $15 at the very most.

And even that will not happen when they can not establish
that he would have paid for it if he had not downloaded it.

From: terryc on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:46:50 +1000, Sylvia Else wrote:

> On 8/04/2010 10:16 AM, Epsilon wrote:
>> Craig wrote:
>>> If your IP address is visible to the world and it can be shown that
>>> your are seeding the file you are downloading, then why do people use
>>> such technologies? Why aren't they afraid of being sued by the
>>> copyright holders?
>>
>> Several reasons.
>>
>> 1. The downloader is basically stupid.
>>
>> 2. The downloader doesn't have a cracker, so isn't worth suing.
>>

> And it's questionable how much could be recovered anyway. The loss to a
> copyright holder of a single breach of copyright on a typical movie is
> probably in the region of $15 at the very most. If they start legal
> proceedings,

And they won't. What the "great brains trust" that exists here has failed
to comprehend is the power of logging. Log everything that they can, log
over a few years and hey bingo, 10 titles, 100 titles, 1,000 titles and
you have a figure worth pursuing them over.

And I wonder how many of you have any idea what "having nothing" means to
the Sherif's dept? Basically, you can keep your bedding, basic kitchen
items and your work tools. If your standard of furniture is the worst of
the kerbside trash, then they will not bother removing that either.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Prev: How do I turn my mouse off?
Next: Centrelink error...