From: Rod Speed on
Craig wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> Wouldn't the redirector have to pass on all traffic to and from the P2P user?

>> Thats one way of doing it.

>>> If so, are you going to get good speeds from a free redirector?

>> Yep.

>>> Why would they give you so much bandwidth for free?

>> Because they get it at no marginal cost themselves.

> That doesn't really answer the question.

Corse it does.

> Why would they give it away for free?

For the same reason Linux is given away for free.

For the same reason I give free advice on technical issues.

Etc etc etc.

From: Craig on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Because no one gets costs awarded against them in that situation.
>
>> They might get a few K in costs just to be made an example of.
>
> Nope, it doesnt work like that with an individual downloader in this
> country.
>
>>> And they couldnt get their costs out of me even if they were awarded by
>>> the court anyway.
>
>> Are you going to stop the Sheriff taking your assets away?
>
> Nope, just dont have any assets in my name so there is nothing to take.

What about your PC?

From: Rod Speed on
Craig wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> They might get a few K in costs just to be made an example of.

>> Nope, it doesnt work like that with an individual downloader in this country.

>>> Are you going to stop the Sheriff taking your assets away?

>> Nope, just dont have any assets in my name so there is nothing to take.

> What about your PC?

It wouldnt be in my name either.

From: Craig on

> Craig wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> Nope, it doesnt work like that with an individual downloader in this
>>> country.

>>> Nope, just dont have any assets in my name so there is nothing to take.
>
>> What about your PC?
>
> It wouldnt be in my name either.

If your computer and your internet connection are in another name then that
name will be liable.

From: terryc on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:31:59 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

> terryc wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Craig wrote

>> Civil claims in NSw are decided on the balance of probabilities.
>
> DAMAGES arent.

There are no imaginary losses. They all have to be real and quantifiable.

>> if the assessor decides that you acting as an uploader
>
> We are discussing in this sub thread someone who JUST downloads.

Typical Roddles, trys to change the discussion to something else.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Prev: How do I turn my mouse off?
Next: Centrelink error...