From: Amy Jones on
We are using Vista Outlook 2007 in our office.
We use the address book inside the Outlook 2007 to set the outgoing email
address.
In the Outlook 2007, we try to export the address book person name and email
address.
We tried all methods, but the email address field in the exported file are
always empty.
What did we do wrong? Thank you.

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
You don't export from the Address Book - you export from the Contacts
folder.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Amy Jones asked:

From: Russ Valentine on
There is no address book in Outlook. Nor would you ever use Export to
transfer Outlook data.
Clarify what you want to do and we'll do our best to bring you back into
reality.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Karl Timmermans on
Q. "We tried all methods...................What did we do wrong?"
A. Something

Obviously the above is unproductive for all concerned. No
one knows what "all methods" means nor does <something>
describe the cause of the problem.

Don't know what you did but this is what you need to do:

From file menu --> Import & Export
... follow the screens ... when you get to the screen
that has the "Map Custom Fields" button - click it
and select the exact fields you want to export
(i.e. FullName and Email Address)

If it doesn't work after that - state <explicitly> what exactly
it was that you did in order for someone to be able to provide
an answer. As has already been noted - you export info from
the contact folder - not an addressbook.

This also further assumes that you actually have info
in your contact folder versus selecting email
addresses from the "auto-complete list" which can't be
exported via Outlook (and is also not an address book).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

From: Amy Jones on
Yes, you are correct. The export outgoing folder is from "contact".
The field map I selected was name, email and email address.
The output export to type of file is CSV or xls or txt.
Looking at the output: all the name fields was corrected filled in.
But all the email and email address fields are empty.
What did I do wrong?