From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
I ran the example you posted and did not have any problems or error
messages.

If you serve files from a Linux server, again, be sure the 'case' of the
filenames on the server match the case of the filenames referenced in
your .aam file (FLASHAST.X32 is uppercase vs. flashast.x32 is lower
case). If your .aam file references FLASHAST.x32 but the file on the
server is flashast.x32, it won't be found.

I see your HTML file is referencing the old Authorware 7 web player. You
may have better luck with the latest player.
Try replacing:
/awswax70.cab#version=7,0,0,69
in your HTML file with
/awswaxd.cab#version=2004,0,0,73

Hope that helps.
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: coolpyx1 on
Thanks Eric.
I have changed the file as you recommanded but the problem is still there.
Is the problem encountered due to my computer and the version I am running.
I have made up all updates. I do not understand why it works on your side.
Here is the whole html file:
<head>
<title>prof</title>
</head>
<object classid="CLSID:15B782AF-55D8-11D1-B477-006097098764"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/authorware/awswax70.
cab#version=2004,0,0,73 width="640" height="480">
<param name="SRC" value="prof.aam">
<param name="PALETTE" value="background">
<param name="WINDOW" value="inPlace">
<param name="BGCOLOR" value="#CCCCCC">
<embed src="prof.aam" palette="background" window="inPlace"
bgcolor="#CCCCCC"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Vers
ion=ShockwaveAuthorware" type="application/x-authorware-map" width="640"
height="480">
</embed>
</object>
If you had some more time to spare I would be very grateful.

From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
I dunno what else to suggest. I did not get any errors when I ran the
sample you posted. Perhaps remove/deinstall your web player entirely and
clear your cache, then revisit the page and let it load everything fresh?
Erik

From: coolpyx1 on
Well using all your advises I slowly begin to see where the problem is.
Surprisingly when I tried to install Macromedia Authorware Player in
Download Center I get exactly the same error message.
I quote :"error downloadind content file.File on server is missing or has
wrong length:http://etc..listed already above.
What you suggested may solve the problem.But how Can this be done. It is not a
procedure I use every day.
Thanks a million for your concern.

From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
To deinstall the web player from IE:
right-click the IE icon on your desktop and select Properties.
In the middle of the dialog, click 'Settings'.
Then click 'View Objects'.
This will open windows explorer to
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files (or something similar)
Right-click 'Macromedia Authorware Web Player Control' and select
Remove. Ignore any errors that may appear.
Close that window and click OK on the Settings dialog.
Click Delete Files on the still-open Internet Properties dialog.
Click OK.
Launch IE and go to the Adobe page and try to install the player.
OR, better yet, just launch your course and see if IE tries to install
the player automatically, as it should.
HTH
Erik