From: Robert Macy on
Should a copy of it have appeared in the
Microsoft .NET Framework SDK?

Why was there no information at the Microsoft websites regarding the
location/availability of atlstr.h ?

It seems to me a company that sells a product should know what's in
that product and be able to tell people what specifically they are
getting.

- Robert -

From: Robert Macy on
it says 1.1.4 or such.

Is that it?

- Robert -

From: Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP] on
Robert Macy wrote:
> it says 1.1.4 or such.
>
> Is that it?

When you start visual studio, the splash screen that appears briefly tells
which edition of VS you have. It should be something like "Visual Studio
..NET 2003 Standard Edition" (or Professional or Enterprise Developer or
Enterprise Architect). You can get the version number from Help|About from
within the IDE. It should be 7.10.xxxx if you're using Visual Studio 2003.

-cd

From: Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP] on
Robert Macy wrote:
> Should a copy of it have appeared in the
> Microsoft .NET Framework SDK?
>
> Why was there no information at the Microsoft websites regarding the
> location/availability of atlstr.h ?
>
> It seems to me a company that sells a product should know what's in
> that product and be able to tell people what specifically they are
> getting.

Considering that something in excess of 18,000 files are installed with
Visual Studio 2003, I'm not at all surprised that there's not
cross-reference to which files are installed where.

atlstr.h is part of ATL, which is included in Visual Studio Standard Edition
and above. If you have VS Standard or above, version 7.0 (2002) or later,
and you don't see atlstr.h, then you don't have a complete install of Visual
Studio. Perhaps ATL/MFC wasn't selected when the product was installed.

-cd

From: Stephen Howe on
> Why was there no information at the Microsoft websites regarding the
> location/availability of atlstr.h ?

It is under VC7\ATLMFC\Include

But note: If you have made the mistake of installing Visual Studio Express
2005, be aware that MFC & ATL do not come with this. It is cut down. You
need the full version of Visual Studio 2005

Stephen Howe