From: Robert Macy on
Where does the header file atlstr.h reside? I can't find it, yet
#include <atlstr.h>
This line appears at the top of a sample thread program *and* it
appears numerous times at the top of MS sample programs. Yet I can't
find it anywhere!

The lack of this header file, negates any effectiveness of the example
programs, so why is it so hard to find?

For reference, installed on the Windows XP:
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
Microsoft .NET
Microsoft SDK

also have the Windows templates
WTL70.exe
WTL71.exe
WTL75.exe
all installed, but they don't contain the file.

Where is this file?

- Robert -

From: Jeff Partch [MVP] on
"Robert Macy" <macy(a)california.com> wrote in message
> Where does the header file atlstr.h reside? I can't find it, yet
> #include <atlstr.h>
> This line appears at the top of a sample thread program *and* it
> appears numerous times at the top of MS sample programs. Yet I can't
> find it anywhere!
>
> The lack of this header file, negates any effectiveness of the example
> programs, so why is it so hard to find?
>
> For reference, installed on the Windows XP:
> Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
> Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
> Microsoft .NET
> Microsoft SDK
>
> also have the Windows templates
> WTL70.exe
> WTL71.exe
> WTL75.exe
> all installed, but they don't contain the file.
>
> Where is this file?

FWIW, On my system it appears in...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

From: Robert Macy on
Thank you for your reply.

hmm....,at
...\Vc7

I only have these three folders
[with include having a single subfolder]
\bin
\include
..\sys
\lib
and that's it!

>From where, and how do I load in what's missing?

- Robert -

From: John Carson on
"Robert Macy" <macy(a)california.com> wrote in message
> Where does the header file atlstr.h reside? I can't find it, yet
> #include <atlstr.h>
> This line appears at the top of a sample thread program *and* it
> appears numerous times at the top of MS sample programs. Yet I can't
> find it anywhere!
>
> The lack of this header file, negates any effectiveness of the example
> programs, so why is it so hard to find?
>
> For reference, installed on the Windows XP:
> Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
> Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
> Microsoft .NET
> Microsoft SDK
>
> also have the Windows templates
> WTL70.exe
> WTL71.exe
> WTL75.exe
> all installed, but they don't contain the file.
>
> Where is this file?
>
> - Robert -

By way of background, it is part of the ATL library. The ATL library is
included with Visual Studio but not with the Visual C++ toolkit or the
Platform SDK. Thus you should find it in a location such as the one given by
Jeff.

--
John Carson

From: Jeff Partch [MVP] on
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> hmm....,at
> ..\Vc7
>
> I only have these three folders
> [with include having a single subfolder]
> \bin
> \include
> ..\sys
> \lib
> and that's it!
>
> >From where, and how do I load in what's missing?

What edition of VS.NET 2003 do you have, Robert?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]