From: Robert Macy on
Never ran the IDE.

- Robert -

From: Robert Macy on
I do not understand why two days ago THAT useful tidbit of information
could not have been provided by Microsoft.

I am not likely to buy products from such an organization.

Is there "complete" set of ATL available elsewhere?

- Robert -

From: John Carson on
"Robert Macy" <macy(a)california.com> wrote in message
> I do not understand why two days ago THAT useful tidbit of information
> could not have been provided by Microsoft.

The significance of the "two days ago" is lost on me (VC++ Express 2005 has
not been raised in this thread previously, including by you). The fact that
ATL is not included in VC++ Express 2005 is listed in the FAQ for that
product

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/#vcpp

When one version of a product is free and other versions cost hundreds of
dollars (thousands in some cases), the sensible person infers that the free
version is likely to be missing something and takes steps to establish what
that is.

> I am not likely to buy products from such an organization.
>
> Is there "complete" set of ATL available elsewhere?

Your original post reported that you had Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003,
which includes ATL (albeit a now slightly outdated version). ATL is a
Microsoft library that is only available with Visual Studio, i.e., you have
to pay for it.

--
John Carson

From: Stephen Howe on
> Never ran the IDE.

So what? Why don't you run it now, do "help about", post back _full_
results, just so that other people here trying to help you have an idea of
what is in installed?

Stephen Howe

From: Robert Macy on
Don't think I have the IDE.

What is installed is

Microsoft Visuall C++ Toolkit:
VCToolkitSetup.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework, SDK, and ATL extended products:
dotnetfx.exe, setup.exe, and ATLExt.exe

Windows Template Libraries:
WTL-70.exe, WTL-71.exe, and WTL-75.exe

Fully installed platform SDK