From: Jim on
On 2010-08-10, Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:00:02 +0100, datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:
>
>>"Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
>>example, the mouse works differently."
>

> No right click on a Mac mouse is there?

Yes there is.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Graeme on
In message <1jn03gm.11k76pa1hac94tN%datasmog(a)hotmail.com>
datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:

> Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
> There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
> at me on the Simplicity page.
>
> "Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> example, the mouse works differently."

I think the word 'differently' is superfluous..

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:

> datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:
>
> >"Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> >example, the mouse works differently."
>

> No right click on a Mac mouse is there?

Oh yes there is.

(btw: No centre click on Windoze mice. No squeeze on Windoze mice. No
scrollball or magic trackpad either.)

Apple came up with a UI that needed a right click pre OS X. Didn't
bother giving us a mouse that'd provide a right click, though - not for
years and years.

But: since Apple came out with the Mighty Mouse some years ago, Apple
has supplied Mac buyers with a mouse that has the right click the Mac UI
required - required for /years/ before Apple bothered to support with
its hardware.

Me? I'd rather click-and-hold than right-click for contextual menus.
Used to be able to have that pre OS X, but the extension which provided
the function (obviously) doesn't work with OS X.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: David Kennedy on
ray wrote:
> Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
> There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
> at me on the Simplicity page.
>
> "Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> example, the mouse works differently."
>
> Eh?

Does anyone really care? Isn't this just another attempt to perpetuate
the us and them myth? Let them have their Windoze if that makes them
happy; why should we care?

It's now coming up to ten years since I [had to] use a M$ monstrosity
and I can truthfully say that it has been quite OK.

--
David Kennedy

The Judge appeared to be confused. Rumpole stood, and, after a moment
said, "Possibly your Lord might wish to consider a less challenging
career, that of an amoeba perhaps?"

http://www.anindianinexile.com
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Tim Streater <timstreater(a)waitrose.com> wrote:

> In article <m13266dnl8fbshvkikjqm13e329o77e0p6(a)4ax.com>,
> Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:00:02 +0100, datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:
> >
> > >"Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> > >example, the mouse works differently."
> >

> > No right click on a Mac mouse is there?
>
> What gives you that idea?

Possibly something to do with the Mac being famous for having only one
mouse button?

<http://en.wikinoticia.com/Technology/Apple/21342-history-of-apple--2-26
-years-in-mouse-development>

Something to do with the fact that any time you get to *SEE* a Mac
mouse, there is with all Apple designs no physical sign of there being
any more than one button on top? (scroll ball notwithstanding?)

E.g: this pic
<http://www.wikinoticia.com/images/appleweblog-es/es.appleweblog.com.fil
es.2009.12.Conectores.jpg>

It's an understandable error.