From: Peter Ceresole on
J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:

> Ah, we are into one-upmanship.
> My first (beige of course) big Kensington trackbal
> (two button) had a MacPlus mouse connector.

Didn't they all? I had one once, and after six month I gave it away to
somebody who, I was told, really loved it.
--
Peter
From: J. J. Lodder on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> > Ah, we are into one-upmanship.
> > My first (beige of course) big Kensington trackbal
> > (two button) had a MacPlus mouse connector.
>
> Didn't they all? I had one once, and after six month I gave it away to
> somebody who, I was told, really loved it.

No, the MacPlus one is rare. (DE-9 connector)

Almost all beige ones are ADB,
with the 4-pole miniDIN (aka S-VHS) connector,

Jan
From: Duncan Kennedy on
J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:

> Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:
> >
> > > Ah, we are into one-upmanship.
> > > My first (beige of course) big Kensington trackbal
> > > (two button) had a MacPlus mouse connector.
> >
> > Didn't they all? I had one once, and after six month I gave it away to
> > somebody who, I was told, really loved it.
>
> No, the MacPlus one is rare. (DE-9 connector)
>
> Almost all beige ones are ADB,
> with the 4-pole miniDIN (aka S-VHS) connector,

That's right - the beauty was (is, because I still have both of mine)
they have detachable cables with a plug at both ends - although that may
be why the solder joint on the socket / board junction failed on both
and had to be resoldered.

--
duncank
From: Peter Ceresole on
Duncan Kennedy <nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk> wrote:

> That's right - the beauty was (is, because I still have both of mine)
> they have detachable cables with a plug at both ends - although that may
> be why the solder joint on the socket / board junction failed on both
> and had to be resoldered.

No; the nicest thing was that they had inertial scrolling. My Logitech
MX500 has it now- nicely implemented in software, a flick of the finger
and you scroll through lists and views, but this was the real thing,
from the proper engineering, the bearings, and the massive ball. I guess
it would have made a great murder weapon.
--
Peter
From: Woody on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Duncan Kennedy <nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk> wrote:
>
> > That's right - the beauty was (is, because I still have both of mine)
> > they have detachable cables with a plug at both ends - although that may
> > be why the solder joint on the socket / board junction failed on both
> > and had to be resoldered.
>
> No; the nicest thing was that they had inertial scrolling. My Logitech
> MX500 has it now- nicely implemented in software, a flick of the finger
> and you scroll through lists and views, but this was the real thing,
> from the proper engineering, the bearings, and the massive ball. I guess
> it would have made a great murder weapon.

The apple trackpads have inertia in software. The logitech laser mouse
has it in hardware, which is nice.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com