From: ray on
Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
at me on the Simplicity page.

"Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
example, the mouse works differently."

Eh?

--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: J. J. Lodder on
ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
> There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
> at me on the Simplicity page.
>
> "Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> example, the mouse works differently."

Sure, the Microsoft made mouse sucks,

Jan
From: Rowland McDonnell on
ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
> There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
> at me on the Simplicity page.
>
> "Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> example, the mouse works differently."
>
> Eh?

`You mustn't change to a Mac because Macs are different to Windoze and
Windoze is what you know so you've got to carry on using what you know
and learn nothing new, because new is bad and new is scary and you want
everything to be familiar, fear the unknown, loathe that which is
different, stay in the safe world of Windoze and let Uncle Microsoft
look after you, you know it's what you really want'.

Is roughly the message that they're putting across...

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Geoff Berrow on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:00:02 +0100, datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:

>"Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
>example, the mouse works differently."

No right click on a Mac mouse is there?

--
Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

From: Rowland McDonnell on
J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:

> ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Microsoft has posted a Mac vs PC section to it's Win7 website.
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/pc-vs-mac.aspx>
> > There are some pretty lame reasons for choosing a PC but this jumped out
> > at me on the Simplicity page.
> >
> > "Things just don't work the same way on Macs if you're used to a PC. For
> > example, the mouse works differently."
>
> Sure, the Microsoft made mouse sucks,

Actually, I've been rather impressed with the purely optical mice with
MS branding that I've met.

I assume that they're all actually *MADE* by Foxcomm or some other less
well known Chinese manufacturing plant.

Rowland.
(who thinks that the best Mac mice were the old mechanical ones - not
sure, but I suspect that I prefer the ADB 1 mouse of all mice. What
with the size and shape of my hands and arms and so on, I like the
original Mac mice too. They have the advantage of hardly ever getting
clogged up - I've used one of mine on carpet for extended periods and
it's not only tracked okay (that's `okay' rather than `well'[1]) but not
got clogged in the process.)

[1] I had a lot of Macs in the one room all networked for a fiddle -
the floor was the convenient place to stick the 512Ke or Plus or
whichever it was, and /then/ I thought about mousing, and /then/ I found
that I didn't have to bother moving the mouse mat around. `Coo',
thought I, `I wonder how long I can get away with this before it gets
clogged up or somesuch?' so I carried on to find out and it just didn't
get clogged so I tried some more and some more and it just carried on
working fine. Never had to clean out either (or any?) of my pre-ADB Mac
mice.

Bloody marvellous design if you ask me, bloody marvellous.