From: Bob Urz on

Justice wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:23:14 GMT, "Andy" <andy_c(a)btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I've been using my EP2500 for a while now and I have to disconnect the
>>speakers before switching the amps on and off because sometimes I get a huge
>>noise out of the speakers.
>>
>>Has anyone else had this problem with this amp?
>>
>>Any ideas on what's going on here?
>>

> we have 2 2500's and 1 1500, and i don't recall any of them doing
> this. I have heard other amps do it though.

Depends on what's ahead of it too. Does it thump with NO input when its
powered down?

Bob

From: tbmoas58 on

"Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> In article <1170687830.924732.123310(a)p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> "Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)linkline.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 5, 2:38 am, <tbmoa...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>> > "Andy" <and...(a)btinternet.com> wrote in message

>> > that is "norma" on this amp
>> > my experiance is it not damaaging, just a litte surprising the first
>> > time
>> > you hear it
>> > and yes I disconnet my speakers before shutting anything down
>> > I also do not connect the speakers unti everything else is on
>> > just a habit I got into decades ago
>>
>> In this day in age, you shouldn't have to unplug speakers to prevent
>> amp power on/off damage. I can understand maybe "back in the day" but
>> when doing big gigs where you may have 20 to 100 amps to work with,
>> pulling speaker cables to power cycle amps is out of the question.
>> None of the amps I've worked with in nearly 20 years has exhibited any
>> substantial pop when the speaker protection relays kick on or off.
>>

>> On Feb 5, 5:36 am, "Ron" <r...(a)NOSPAM88.com> wrote:
>> > You would have thought that would have been mentioned at some point in
>> > the
>> > last 300 messages about this amp.
>> >
>> > What about those people doing a permanent install? Are they supposed
>> > unplug their speakers each time they power up/down?
>> >
>> > Is there some other solution or work around for this?
>>
>> How about buying an amp that has a proper power on/off mute circuit?
>> If there's potential for driver damage (I haven't heard this unit
>> powered up yet) it would be worth it IMO to spend more and get
>> something that's not going to cause such issues.
>
> It should be noted that the "Behringer Rules" crowd will give them a
> pass for this, while a power related transient from the Drive Rack PA is
> an opportunity to slam dBx.

the diffrence is the minor pop from the ep2500 does not take drivers out
the HUGE bang from the drpa does
george

From: Phildo on

"Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> It should be noted that the "Behringer Rules" crowd will give them a
> pass for this, while a power related transient from the Drive Rack PA is
> an opportunity to slam dBx.

It should be noted that the "Behringer Sucks" crowd will be too dim to
realise the small thump that comes out of the EP2500s (plus a whole load of
other makes/models of amps) when they power down is not in any danger of
taking out the drivers, while the apocalyptic bang from the DRPA will indeed
be highly likely to lead to a visit to the recone shop yet they will still
ignore minor issues like facts and use this thread as yet another petty
opportunity to slam those on here who dare to speak the truth about
Behringer.

Whatever.....

Phildo

From: liquidator on

"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message

> "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> > It should be noted that the "Behringer Rules" crowd will give them a
> > pass for this, while a power related transient from the Drive Rack PA is
> > an opportunity to slam dBx.
>
> It should be noted that the "Behringer Sucks" crowd will be too dim to
> realise the small thump that comes out of the EP2500s (plus a whole load
of
> other makes/models of amps) when they power down is not in any danger of
> taking out the drivers, while the apocalyptic bang from the DRPA will
indeed
> be highly likely to lead to a visit to the recone shop yet they will still
> ignore minor issues like facts and use this thread as yet another petty
> opportunity to slam those on here who dare to speak the truth about
> Behringer.
>
> Whatever.....
>
> Phildo

Geezer has a history of inaccurate posts about Behringer. Makes me doubt the
rest of what he posts, sadly. Sad to see a geezer acting like a 14 year old.

I'm not a Behringer evangelist. I just have a short fuse for outright lies.

Behringer is what it is, use it or not. But he doesn't need to lie about
it.

From: Upfront DJ Services on
> Depends on what's ahead of it too. Does it thump with NO input when its
> powered down?
>
> Bob

That depends what you call "no". I've had the gains turned right down on the
amp and no signal going into its inputs but there were still cables
connected.

My view is that its a great amp when its switched on and like a previous
poster said its just a 'minor annoyance' that I have to disconnect the
cables but, on mine at least, its much more than a slight thump. More of a
distorted squeal coming out of my speakers which are rated at 1000w peak.

I'm no expert but I don't think they have mute relays. Where many amps click
a couple of seconds after they're switched on the EP2500 doesn't so I assume
thats what this is. Also theres no protection light that illuminates on
switch on.

I like the amp but I wouldn't feel comfortable installing it in a venue
where the managers and DJs etc. have to power the system on and off. For my
mobile setups its fine though.

Any thoughts?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7