From: liquidator on

"Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> In article <45cddf5c$0$16398$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
> "liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:
>
> > "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> > > - Many of the Behringer supporters who post on AAPLS are very vocal,
> > > strongly opinionated, an pretty damned intolerant of differing
opinions.

> > Opinions are one thing- you post information that is completely wrong.
>
> Then cite what I have said that is completely wrong.

> > lies.
> > about
> > >
> > > Please cite my "outright lies"
> >
> > Virtually everything you've ever posted about Behringer. You do not get
your
> > facts straight at all.
>
> If "virtually everything" I have ever posted about Behringer is wrong,
> you shouldn't have a problem citing it.
>
> > I'd like to respect you- but I can't till you quit making posts like
your
> > original post to this thread.
>
> I am sorry that your "respect" requires that I drink Behringer flavored
> Kool-Aid. That ain't gonna happen.

Didn't say that. Just said quit lying.

Apparently that ain't gonna happen.

From: tbmoas58 on

> In article <MAkzh.405$Jl.0(a)newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>

>> trying to make a bad products abilty to destroy speakers the same as a
>> good
>> product that makes a small clic when powered down
>>
>> that is a outright lie your trying to pass off
>> george
>
> Not what I said George, and certainly not a lie. What I said was, and
> this is correct so far, that any inherent issues with a Behringer
> product would be glossed over. You call it a small click, and another
> poster claimed it was a large enough thump, that his routine included
> disconnecting speaker cables before hitting the power switch.
>
> I am not claiming that these transient incidents are equivalent,
> because I have no direct first hand experience with these specific
> products. My guess, is that the likelihood of blowing drivers is
> directly propertional to the amplifiers sensitivity and gain settings.
>
> That DriveRack PA causes a transient on turn-on may be a case for
> avoiding the product for some users. I have yet to see anyone here
> actually state that they have lost drivers because of this, nor have I
> seen any documentation of the level of the transient. There sure is a
> lot of chicken little, "the sky is falling" noise about it.
>
> FWIW, in the old days, before DSP and common use of UPS back-up power,
> most of knew not to turn on amplifiers until all front end gear was
> powered up. Y

you sure dish up double talk that would make G W proud
the small noise a behringer amp make is equal to what my powerlight 4.0s do
it is not"glossed over"
it is a NON ISSUE

The DBX probem is documented if you care to look for it
and it is a dangerous pos

I drank enough of the DBX kool-aid to know I want to warn other not to do
the same

From: Geezer Sonics on
In article <45cdf7ee$0$16392$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
"liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:

> "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> > In article <45cddf5c$0$16398$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
> > "liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:
> >
> > > "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> opinions.
> > >

> > > Opinions are one thing- you post information that is completely wrong.
> >
> > Then cite what I have said that is completely wrong.

> outright
> > > lies.
> > > about

> > > Virtually everything you've ever posted about Behringer. You do not get
> your
> > > facts straight at all.
> >
> > If "virtually everything" I have ever posted about Behringer is wrong,
> > you shouldn't have a problem citing it.
> >
> > > I'd like to respect you- but I can't till you quit making posts like
> your
> > > original post to this thread.
> >
> > I am sorry that your "respect" requires that I drink Behringer flavored
> > Kool-Aid. That ain't gonna happen.
>
> Didn't say that. Just said quit lying.
>
> Apparently that ain't gonna happen.

And you keep accusing me of lying without citing any specific "lies".
From: tbmoas58 on

"hank alrich" <walkinay(a)thegrid.net> wrote in message
> George G wrote:
>
>> trying to make a bad products abilty to destroy speakers the same as a
>> good
>> product that makes a small clic when powered down
>>
>> that is a outright lie your trying to pass off
>
> OTOH, failing to mention, in all the laudatory posts about the amp, that
> it thumps on powerup/down, represents something less than full
> disclosure.

I really see it as a non issue
its a non issue with my powerights that did the same thing
when there is a real cavet I do not shy away from it regardless of the brand
george

From: Bob Howes on

"Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message

> That DriveRack PA causes a transient on turn-on may be a case for
> avoiding the product for some users. I have yet to see anyone here
> actually state that they have lost drivers because of this, nor have I
> seen any documentation of the level of the transient. There sure is a
> lot of chicken little, "the sky is falling" noise about it.
>
> FWIW, in the old days, before DSP and common use of UPS back-up power,
> most of knew not to turn on amplifiers until all front end gear was
> powered up.

A) I've lost drivers (or, rather, was using some rented gear that included
a DRPA) when the transient did them in....and had a major argument with the
hire company before they acknowledged the fault was with their gear, not me.

B) I know and adhere to a specific order for switch on and switch off. The
above incident occurred when there was a glitch on the mains of only a few
seconds duration, far too short to get to the amp rack and start killing
things. Mains glitches happen...you don't want them to take our your
speakers.

Bob

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7