From: Geezer Sonics on
In article <45ca4fa4$0$16352$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
"liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> > > It should be noted that the "Behringer Rules" crowd will give them a
> > > pass for this, while a power related transient from the Drive Rack PA is
> > > an opportunity to slam dBx.
> >
> > It should be noted that the "Behringer Sucks" crowd will be too dim to
> > realise the small thump that comes out of the EP2500s (plus a whole load
> of
> > other makes/models of amps) when they power down is not in any danger of
> > taking out the drivers, while the apocalyptic bang from the DRPA will
> indeed
> > be highly likely to lead to a visit to the recone shop yet they will still
> > ignore minor issues like facts and use this thread as yet another petty
> > opportunity to slam those on here who dare to speak the truth about
> > Behringer.
> >
> > Whatever.....
> >
> > Phildo
> >
> Geezer has a history of inaccurate posts about Behringer. Makes me doubt the
> rest of what he posts, sadly. Sad to see a geezer acting like a 14 year old.

- Geezer ain't a charter member of the Behringer fan club. That doesn't
make my comments innacurate.

- Many of the Behringer supporters who post on AAPLS are very vocal,
strongly opinionated, an pretty damned intolerant of differing opinions.
This being usenet, it is what it is.

> I'm not a Behringer evangelist. I just have a short fuse for outright lies.
> Behringer is what it is, use it or not. But he doesn't need to lie about
> it.

Please cite my "outright lies"
From: tbmoas58 on

> In article <45ca4fa4$0$16352$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
> "liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:
>
>> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > It should be noted that the "Behringer Sucks" crowd will be too dim to
>> > realise the small thump that comes out of the EP2500s (plus a whole
>> > load
>> of
>> > other makes/models of amps) when they power down is not in any danger
>> > of
>> > taking out the drivers, while the apocalyptic bang from the DRPA will
>> indeed
>> > be highly likely to lead to a visit to the recone shop yet they will
>> > still
>> > ignore minor issues like facts and use this thread as yet another petty
>> > opportunity to slam those on here who dare to speak the truth about
>> > Behringer.
>> >
>> > Whatever.....
>> >
>> > Phildo
>> >
>> Geezer has a history of inaccurate posts about Behringer. Makes me doubt
>> the
>> rest of what he posts, sadly. Sad to see a geezer acting like a 14 year
>> old.
>
> - Geezer ain't a charter member of the Behringer fan club. That doesn't
> make my comments innacurate.
>
> - Many of the Behringer supporters who post on AAPLS are very vocal,
> strongly opinionated, an pretty damned intolerant of differing opinions.
> This being usenet, it is what it is.
>
>> I'm not a Behringer evangelist. I just have a short fuse for outright
>> lies.
>> Behringer is what it is, use it or not. But he doesn't need to lie about
>> it.
>
> Please cite my "outright lies"

trying to make a bad products abilty to destroy speakers the same as a good
product that makes a small clic when powered down

that is a outright lie your trying to pass off
george

From: liquidator on

"Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> - Many of the Behringer supporters who post on AAPLS are very vocal,
> strongly opinionated, an pretty damned intolerant of differing opinions.

Opinions are one thing- you post information that is completely wrong.

> > I'm not a Behringer evangelist. I just have a short fuse for outright
lies.
> > Behringer is what it is, use it or not. But he doesn't need to lie
about
> > it.
>
> Please cite my "outright lies"

Virtually everything you've ever posted about Behringer. You do not get your
facts straight at all.

I'd like to respect you- but I can't till you quit making posts like your
original post to this thread.

From: Geezer Sonics on
In article <45cddf5c$0$16398$88260bb3(a)free.teranews.com>,
"liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote:

> "Geezer Sonics" <geeze(a)deafguy.com> wrote in message
> > - Many of the Behringer supporters who post on AAPLS are very vocal,
> > strongly opinionated, an pretty damned intolerant of differing opinions.
>

> Opinions are one thing- you post information that is completely wrong.

Then cite what I have said that is completely wrong.

> > > I'm not a Behringer evangelist. I just have a short fuse for outright
> lies.
> > > Behringer is what it is, use it or not. But he doesn't need to lie
> about
> > > it.
> >
> > Please cite my "outright lies"
>
> Virtually everything you've ever posted about Behringer. You do not get your
> facts straight at all.

If "virtually everything" I have ever posted about Behringer is wrong,
you shouldn't have a problem citing it.

> I'd like to respect you- but I can't till you quit making posts like your
> original post to this thread.

I am sorry that your "respect" requires that I drink Behringer flavored
Kool-Aid. That ain't gonna happen.
From: Geezer Sonics on
In article <MAkzh.405$Jl.0(a)newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
<tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:

> trying to make a bad products abilty to destroy speakers the same as a good
> product that makes a small clic when powered down
>
> that is a outright lie your trying to pass off
> george

Not what I said George, and certainly not a lie. What I said was, and
this is correct so far, that any inherent issues with a Behringer
product would be glossed over. You call it a small click, and another
poster claimed it was a large enough thump, that his routine included
disconnecting speaker cables before hitting the power switch.

I am not claiming that these transient incidents are equivalent,
because I have no direct first hand experience with these specific
products. My guess, is that the likelihood of blowing drivers is
directly propertional to the amplifiers sensitivity and gain settings.

That DriveRack PA causes a transient on turn-on may be a case for
avoiding the product for some users. I have yet to see anyone here
actually state that they have lost drivers because of this, nor have I
seen any documentation of the level of the transient. There sure is a
lot of chicken little, "the sky is falling" noise about it.

FWIW, in the old days, before DSP and common use of UPS back-up power,
most of knew not to turn on amplifiers until all front end gear was
powered up. Y
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: KMS104