From: scrapdap04 on
The actual problem with the amp is that because it is an economy model
its does not a have a little circuit called a zero inrush current,
this little circuit prevents a spike of power from leaving the amp and
going to the speakers which causes the thump when the amp is turned on
or off. From experience all behringer amps and powered mixers have
this problem. It won't do the speakers any damage but in the long
term it can't be good for them.

From: Eeyore on

scrapdap04(a)hotmail.com wrote:

> The actual problem with the amp is that because it is an economy model
> its does not a have a little circuit called a zero inrush current,
> this little circuit prevents a spike of power from leaving the amp and
> going to the speakers which causes the thump when the amp is turned on
> or off.

There no connection whatever between inrush current limiting and on/off thumps.

Graham

From: Peter Larsen on
Eeyore wrote:

> scrapdap04(a)hotmail.com wrote:

>> The actual problem with the amp is that because it is an
>> economy model is does not a have a little circuit called
>> a zero inrush current ... this little circuit prevents a
>> spike of power from leaving the amp and going to the speakers
>> which causes the thump when the amp is turned on
>> or off.

> There no connection whatever between inrush current limiting and on/off thumps.

Please explain, I would have thought that it would in effect lead to a
psu rail voltage slope in, even if not addresssing a turn off thump.

> Graham

Regards

Peter Larsen
First  |  Prev  |