From: johnzulu[at]yahoo.com on
Thanks Randy,

John

PS: boy it is late. need sleep.zzzzzzzzzz

From: rhyde on

Betov wrote:

> It seems that you have found out a couple of new minions
> lately, who agrea with giving you a hand at your well
> known propaganda system, Master Pdf.
>
> Congratulations.

Whatever.

> Well... too bad that we will never see any report about
> what it really was,

???
What LISA was has been reported around here on several occasions.
And if you'd actually looked at the links rather than shooting off at
the mouth in ignorance (as usual), you'd find the the complete On-Line
Systems documentation is available at one of those links.

> and about the number of bugs, making
> this toy unusable,

Well, regardless of how many bugs it may or may not have had, a large
number of commercial applications (including a lot of games) for the
Apple II were written with the LISA assembler.

> according to what i have read here and
> there.

Really? Links please.

> Of course, also, feel free to forget to talk about
> what you did NOT write, in this dead toy, as well as the
> reasons why it was abandonned as soon as released.

It was first released in 1979 by Programma International. Sierra
On-Line took it over when Programma went out of business (and before
you start blaming LISA for Programma's demise, just keep in mind that
LISA was a *tiny* part of Programma's business). When Sierra dropped it
sometime around 1983, I published and sold it myself for a couple of
years (actually made a living selling LISA and other products and
services). Then, shortly after the Apple II GS came out, I turned it
over to Brian Fitzgerald at HAL Labs who continued to support it and
extend it for another couple of years. Eventually, of course, the
Apple II family was no longer an economically viable platform for
software development, and LISA was released into the public domain by
HAL Labs.

It's wishful thinking on your part to conjure up this "abandoned as
soon as it was released" remark, but the facts, as usual, are 180
degrees out of phase with your twisted view of reality.

The good news is that you can look forward to HLA being abandoned when
the PC platform is no longer encomically viable to support software
development tools (i.e., when programmers move on to a different
platform and there is no longer a need for an x86 assembler).

Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: rhyde on

Evenbit wrote:
> johnzulu wrote:
> > Where can I get the LISA program? Any clue. Sounds a good way to learn
> > 68000 assembly.
> >
> > John
>
> No.. LISA is for the 6502 line of CPUs, not the 68000 line. I was
> looking for a "*.dsk" file myself so I could try it in Appler or
> AppleWin, but the link on this page:
> http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/gslj/iiefreeware.html#PROG
> seems to be broken.
>
> Nathan.

The link on this page:
http://axis.llx.com/~nparker/a2/
seem to be good, though it's an shk file (Apple II compression). Not
having really touched my Apple IIGS in many years, I couldn't tell you
how to decompress the file.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: Betov on
rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu crivait news:1154200440.547610.83100
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> [...]

I did not ask you for more and more insane propaganda, clown.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Chris Saunders on
Just to let you know.
I tried the link
http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/gslj/iiefreeware.html#PROG and got
to a page titled "Free Software for the Apple II".

Regards
Chris Saunders