From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:

>>BTW, check your setup, your clock is wrong.

| For the 4th or 5th time, my clock is perfectly fine. It's the clock on my
| news server at Eternal September.

| Presently my clock says 8:40::03pm; that's Pacific Daylight Time.

All Usenet is based on GMT therefore your clock may be correct bu the wrong time zone.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Heather" <fergie(a)canada.invalid>

| "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Heather" <fergie(a)canada.invalid> wrote:

>>>OK Shaggy......I will add to this cuz I have an obsession re correct time.
>>>He has his Time Zone set wrongly.......right? As it is now Daylight
>>>SAVING
>>>Time (which he may not have checked off), it is only 4 hours different to
>>>GMT........not 5.

>> My time zone and my DST offset are NOT set wrong. I'm also a time geek
>> and
>> I'm aware that the U.S. now advances DST time 3 weeks ahead of when it
>> used to
>> start.

| Hey David.....I am not arguing with you, but if all 3 of us are using ES and
| your time is an hour ahead of the two of us........something is out of whack
| on your end. It is 12:55 am as I type this.

| Cheers......Heather

+1

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> "David Kaye"<sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> [...]
>
>> When I remove malware, turn off unnecessary services, remove unneeded
>> startups, and put in a rudimentary anti-malware program (Avast
>> lately),
>
> [...]
>
> Avast! is an antivirus program.
>
> As you apparently already know, it is good to have an antimalware
> program as well. It looks like soon enough the two will completely merge
> because it is becoming more and more important for AV (formerly heavy on
> the more preventative content scanning) to adopt context scanning for
> post infestation identification and clean-up.
>
> ...still, if a detector program is virus capable, I suspect it will
> still be called an antivirus even if it is a comprehensive antimalware
> as well (since viruses are a special case).

As you already know, FTR, MSE has already merged protection elements.

It's working well for me (I think! <g>)

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
gufus wrote:
> Hello, ~BD~!
>
> You wrote on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 00:34:13 +0100:
>
> | know, but something is odd if TRT's Avast! does catch the rogue file yet
> | David's doesn't!
>

> Yes

Hello, 'gufus'

I'm unsure of the point you were making, but it's good to meet you! ;)

Happy Easter

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> TRT said
>
> Stop calling him "TRT". He is the exact opposite of the real truth.
>
> Have you bothered to do this?
> http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1+software+thief
>
> <quote>

BTS - I have read everything anyone and everyone has thrown in front of
me telling me that 'he/she' is one of life's bad guys. What I have read
may, or may not, be true.

Whilst I may have missed it, I didn't see anything on 'his/her' web site
which stated that the picture of a blonde woman was a true
representation of the MVP in question. Maybe it's there simply to cheer
up an otherwise rather dull page!

What you *think* you know from your Internet research may be totally
incorrect - there really is no way of *knowing* the truth on line.

Just remember, it was *you* who refused to have email contact with me,
though of what you were afraid I have absolutely no idea. Mr Lipman will
agree that email is a somewhat 'safer' medium than Usenet!

Happy Easter to you, regardless!

--
Dave - *not* thinking BTS is a bad guy!