From: David Kaye on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>BD knows that, sadly, a lot of David's friends died some years ago.
>When such things happen, it somewhat alters how one perceives things.

You make me sound friendless. I'd rather that you NOT make comments about my
personal life, lest you say things that will get misinterpreted. Since you
brought it up I now have to explain what you just said.

Yes, I lost about 6 dozen friends and acquaintances to AIDS in the 1980s,
and two boyfriends due to traffic accidents. Both were hit by oncoming
traffic.

But that was then and this is now. I have spent the better part of my life
organizing social communities. I travel in several social circles today,
which include jazz and bluegrass musicians, people who participate in Burning
Man and the Cacophony Society (you may already be a member), and people who
play board games and card games. I spend time with some of the dearest people
anyone can ever have the pleasure to know. So, don't feel sorry for me or
anything. I'm extremely lucky to have some really good friends.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
The Fake Truth Not-An-MVP wrote:

> You LIAR you stupid idiot troll you just proved to everybody why I have you
> in my sig Slacker.

<lol>

Being listed in your sig is like earning an Eagle Scout Merit Badge.

--
The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1+software+thief
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
From: Mumia W. on
On 04/04/2010 04:01 PM, David Kaye wrote:
> [...]
> I noted the file date/time and have looked back on this. The exploit appears
> to have come from foxnews, officedepot, or officemax -- the time stamps are
> within a few seconds of each other and show up right before the time stamp
> that was written to the temp directory in my documents and settings tree.
> [...]

See this:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r22225362-foxnewscom-infected~time=1240194878

From: ~BD~ on
Mumia W. wrote:
> On 04/04/2010 04:01 PM, David Kaye wrote:
>> [...]
>> I noted the file date/time and have looked back on this. The exploit
>> appears to have come from foxnews, officedepot, or officemax -- the
>> time stamps are within a few seconds of each other and show up right
>> before the time stamp that was written to the temp directory in my
>> documents and settings tree.
>> [...]
>
> See this:
> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r22225362-foxnewscom-infected~time=1240194878

The last post in that thread was most telling! Viz:

"Please note people - you may think you removed it, but really did not.
Malwarebytes and others do not detect Rootkits. You should run
ROOTKITREVEALER. I thought I had cleaned this, and I had really not.
There was a deep and nasty rootkit involved here. Only way to remove was
to boot off a Windows CD, and delete hidden drivers. I would be willing
to bet that half the people think they clean this stuff and its not
really clean."

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> ~BD~<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> BD knows that, sadly, a lot of David's friends died some years ago.
>> When such things happen, it somewhat alters how one perceives things.
>
> You make me sound friendless. I'd rather that you NOT make comments about my
> personal life, lest you say things that will get misinterpreted. Since you
> brought it up I now have to explain what you just said.
>
> Yes, I lost about 6 dozen friends and acquaintances to AIDS in the 1980s,
> and two boyfriends due to traffic accidents. Both were hit by oncoming
> traffic.
>
> But that was then and this is now. I have spent the better part of my life
> organizing social communities. I travel in several social circles today,
> which include jazz and bluegrass musicians, people who participate in Burning
> Man and the Cacophony Society (you may already be a member), and people who
> play board games and card games. I spend time with some of the dearest people
> anyone can ever have the pleasure to know. So, don't feel sorry for me or
> anything. I'm extremely lucky to have some really good friends.

<sigh> Oh dear! This medium is sometimes so difficult to use to portray
what one means (I'll accept that maybe it's just me that finds it hard!)

There really was no need to explain, David. You had told me before, I
listened, understood and remembered.

Peter Foldes knows everything possible to know about computers yet knows
nothing about people. I was responding to his statement that "BD knows
nothing" - trying to indicate that whilst I have little technical
expertise I *do* know something about *you*, about which he had no clue.

His response to me indicates that he is still totally confused - IMO.

HTH

--
Dave