From: David Kaye on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>All Usenet is based on GMT therefore your clock may be correct bu the wrong
> time zone.

Once again, for those of you who don't read, my time is set to Pacirfic Time
(U.S. & Canada), and the automatic advance for daylight time is set. When I
ran the API call that queries the time information the system said that I was
at GMT -7 hours, which is correct.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer. It is set correctly. The
only thing I can think of is that News Xpress, my antiquated news reader
(originally written for Windows 3.1) messes with the time somehow. But, to be
honest, I don't wish to devote the time to figuring this out. I'm knee-deep
in work this weekend and already have to cancel my visit to a couple social
events I'd rather visit this afternoon.

From: David Kaye on
Avast is an anti-malware program, not simply an anti-virus program, according
to their website. Here's what it says:

Antivirus and anti-spyware
Ensures all mails sent and received are clean
Keeps you protected from "chat" infections
Stops attacks from hijacked websites
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7
For non-commercial use only

From: Peter Foldes on
David Kaye

What does BD know. Nothing and not worth even thinking about his knowledge which is
non existent

--
Peter

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>All Usenet is based on GMT therefore your clock may be correct bu the wrong
>> time zone.

| Once again, for those of you who don't read, my time is set to Pacirfic Time
| (U.S. & Canada), and the automatic advance for daylight time is set. When I
| ran the API call that queries the time information the system said that I was
| at GMT -7 hours, which is correct.

| There is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer. It is set correctly. The
| only thing I can think of is that News Xpress, my antiquated news reader
| (originally written for Windows 3.1) messes with the time somehow. But, to be
| honest, I don't wish to devote the time to figuring this out. I'm knee-deep
| in work this weekend and already have to cancel my visit to a couple social
| events I'd rather visit this afternoon.

Whatever it is -- the fault lies in you PC.

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:38:36 GMT:

| Once again, for those of you who don't read, my time is set to Pacirfic
| Time (U.S. & Canada), and the automatic advance for daylight time is set.
| When I ran the API call that queries the time information the system said
| that I was at GMT -7 hours, which is correct.

ARG!

Set TZ in your OS

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca