From: David Kaye on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>Whatever the issue it appears to be fixed as it is 1732 hrs my time and your
> post appears
>as 1719 hrs so it is a MOOT POINT now.

And I call your attention to the fact that (1) I wrote an email to Eternal
September suggesting there was a daylight time problem, and (2) I did no
changes to this computer between last night and now.

Thus, to the folks who doubted me and took your textbook theory and threw it
at me, you might re-examine what you post and not make yourselves look so
foolish in the future.

From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> "gufus"<stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Hello, David!
>>
>> You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:50:45 -0400:
>>

>> | Whatever it is -- the fault lies in you PC.
>> |

>> He /doesn't/ get it :-(
>
> The problem with you folks is that you're working on theory, not real-world
> testing. You sit back and tell others that they're wrong when you have no
> idea what experience they have dealing with things. I worked for almost 8
> years as a software developer writing medical software for organ transplants
> and banking software before that. And I have spent the past 8 years fulltime
> doing tech support, specializing in malware issues. So, I think I have some
> field experience worth paying attention to that you folks who merely read
> Usenet posts simply don't have.
>
> I'm not angry at you and your smugness, though I suppose I could get angry.
> I'm saying that your theoretical posts simply don't shed any light on the
> issues, so they're not helpful.

Whilst *you* have been frustrated, David, your 'problem' has been
interesting for others to read about. It's good that you have not got
angry, especially as I understood a little of your background before you
started this thread.

Did you speak to Ray Banana about the possible server fault at E-S
causing your clock error?

--
Dave
From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:33:08 -0400:

| Whatever the issue it appears to be fixed as it is 1732 hrs my time and
| your post appears as 1719 hrs so it is a MOOT POINT now.

Ya.... I've had it too, I'm going to go read the paper.
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: FromTheRafters on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hello, FromTheRafters!
>
> You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:57:45 -0400:
>

> >> I'm thiking of going back to ZoneAlarm since Windows firewall was
> >> so
> >> easy to
> >> disable.
> |
> | Hmmm...
>
> If a person can set COMODO's firewall right, it woks /GREAT/

How *great* is it when web browsing as an administrator? :oD

Windows firewall designers had no false belief about stopping actions by
malware you already allowed to execute on the machine. It *does* have
filtering capability, but the designers knew that malware with admin (or
better) privileges could easily circumvent them.

Before I worried about malware shutting off the firewall, I would worry
about them running malware with admin rights.

From: David Kaye on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Did you speak to Ray Banana about the possible server fault at E-S
>causing your clock error?

First, I don't have a clock error. My clock was and is correct. Second, I
didn't speak to anyone at ES. I simply emailed them on their form. So, they
probably jostled something with their foot and everything is fine now.