From: Peter Foldes on
Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time. Have you used
punch cards at all in your time at all ? if that what you posted would be only be
true.

--
Peter

From: Dustin Cook on
"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time.
> Have you used punch cards at all in your time at all ? if that what
> you posted would be only be true.

An old vet friend of mine was using punch cards around that time; so it's
entirely possible. I don't doubt what Ant has to say tho... I haven't found
his credibility to be of any issue.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Leythos on
In article <hpdafi$8p2$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>, okf22(a)hotmail.com says...
> Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time. Have you used
> punch cards at all in your time at all ? if that what you posted would be only be
> true.

Punch cards, both the 96 and the earlier version as well as having to
toggle instructions into the "computer" via switches and then
increment... We've come a long way since those days.

Trust yourself.
From: Whoever on
"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time.
> Have you used punch cards at all in your time at all ? if that what
> you posted would be only be true.

Why do you doubt it? My first programming class (Fortran) used card
readers and was before 1974. I imagine there are a number of others around
here who have similar experiences.

--
Don't bother trying to
contact me via email.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| As I said to BTS, if you are so certain about this, and it bothers
| everyone so much, surely you could all band together and bring a
| prosecution against him/her?

| To constantly whine about someone being 'bad', yet doing nothing about
| it, is anathema to me.

| Make it so!

Great.

Cough up the $50,000 for a trans-atlantic lawsuit!

--
Dave