From: Dustin Cook on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

> Dustin Cook wrote:
>> ~BD~<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in news:YqGdnco-
>> IZNfyyfWnZ2dnUVZ8kdi4p2d(a)bt.com:

>>> It is exactly what TRT accused Malwarebytes of doing - and they did!
>>
>> Excuse me? Please explain exactly what you mean by this...
>>

> I'll simply quote David Lipman who said in this thread .........
>
> "They blocked access to an IP and had signature detection for his
> plagiarized utility."

Yes.. and? That's not a crime. His website offered a tool which upon
installation would disable malwarebytes software. A direct attack, if you
will. At that point, his program clearly became malware and was treated
as such.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Dustin Cook on

> Dustin Cook wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> His point however stands. If pcbutts were actually an mvp; why would
>> he want your computer to no longer access the sites related?
>
> I cannot answer for him/her.
>
> However, *if* there actually was a 'Law of Averages' is would say,
> categorically, that *some* of those appointed as MVP's *must* be BAD
> guys.
>
> Whilst I cannot prove same to you, Robear Dyer (PA Bear) has lied,
> many times, about me having been banned by one or more ISP's. I have
> never, ever, been banned by any ISP. As he has lied about that, he may
> well not be the Mr Nice Guy some folk think he is.
>

>> Before you keep calling us fuckwits, you need to do your homework.
>> Jenn doesn't think your a troll, but alot of us are pretty sure you
>> are. Your methods of investigation wouldn't be tolerated in any
>> military setting I know of... so I don't understand why you think
>> they would be here?
>>

> I was once seconded to an audit team to carry out a routine check of
> the Chief Petty Officers Mess Fund at RNAS Culdrose, Helston,
> Cornwall. The supervising officer of that fund, a professional 'Suppy
> and Secretariat' officer was subjected to my 'outside the box'
> questioning.
>
> Long story short - he ended up in prison for embezzlement and was
> dismissed from the Royal Navy. I got a pat on the back!

> Every question I ask has a reason to it, not always obvious to the
> recipient. It soon becomes obvious to me who is honest and
> straight-forward and those who are less so!

Fair enough...

From: ~BD~ on
Dustin Cook wrote:

> Fair enough...

Thanks for that, Dustin. :)
From: ~BD~ on
Dustin Cook wrote:

> Yes.. and? That's not a crime. His website offered a tool which upon
> installation would disable malwarebytes software. A direct attack, if you
> will. At that point, his program clearly became malware and was treated
> as such.

I do not wish to argue about this.

Malwarebytes responded "in kind" IMO.

A user of *either* product/tool is highly unlikely to understand what is
going on 'behind the scenes' and is putty in the hands of whichever
facility they choose to employ.

"Bad Guys' *could* take advantage of such a situation to deposit malware
on someone's machine. The user might never become aware of that!

--
Dave
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
~BD~ wrote:

> I do not wish to argue about this.

Then why do you keep doing that when everyone tells you that PCButts is
a thief?

--
-bts