From: Dustin Cook on
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> David Brooks
>
> You are a two faced friggin Troll and someone that pretends to be in
> the know by posting articles that you cut and paste and the funny
> thing is that you have no inkling what it say's.

Might be due to the fact he posts them before reading them. So to him,
everything is a potential doomsday scenario. :)

--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
From: FromTheRafters on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> David Brooks
>>
>> You are a two faced friggin Troll and someone that pretends to be in
>> the know by posting articles that you cut and paste and the funny
>> thing is that you have no inkling what it say's.
>
> Might be due to the fact he posts them before reading them. So to him,
> everything is a potential doomsday scenario. :)

Maybe he seeks justification for having destroyed a computer after
having been told by an authority that it would be necessary in order to
be rid of the "malware" responsible for incurring a resulting financial
loss.

Rationalization - if it is possible for malware to reside this deep,
that must have been what *I* was afflicted with, and it's a good thing I
fed the computer into the woodchipper.

Or maybe he just likes trolling, on or off the water.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org>

< snip >

| Or maybe he just likes trolling, on or off the water.

B I N G O !

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:28:25 -0400:

|> Or maybe he just likes trolling, on or off the water.
|

| B I N G O !

EyO.... and BINGO was his name Ooo
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: ~BD~ on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> "Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> David Brooks
>>>
>>> You are a two faced friggin Troll and someone that pretends to be in
>>> the know by posting articles that you cut and paste and the funny
>>> thing is that you have no inkling what it say's.

@Peter Foldes

Tell folk here why you arranged for Kuay Tim to send me an email - on
your behalf - inviting me to join you at Annexcafe User2User.

Others will appreciate that there was no way in the world that I'd have
simply 'stumbled across' Annexcafe - especially as I live in the UK.

When I first went there I was already suspicious of the motive behind
the email. If only someone had been brave enough to go there and ask
*why* Grybeard had remarked "Do you think he knows?" following my
'banning' from the group, many hours of newsgroup posting might have
been avoided! A guy there called 'Tinkerer' might also have been good to
question about it too! ;-)

> Maybe he seeks justification for having destroyed a computer after
> having been told by an authority that it would be necessary in order
> to be rid of the "malware" responsible for incurring a resulting
> financial loss.

It is heartening to know that you have actually read and *remembered*
what I have said in the past, FTR!

> Rationalization - if it is possible for malware to reside this deep,
> that must have been what *I* was afflicted with, and it's a good thing
> I fed the computer into the woodchipper.

Folk here in the alt.comp.virus group are entitled to hold whatever
views they feel appropriate. Most seem to ridicule the idea that malware
can only reside on a hard disk and assure me that it can survive nowhere
else within a computer. As I've mentioned already, a real-life pal from
IBM has assured me that is *not* the case - as did the police of our
then High-Tech Crime Unit after I had suffered a monetary loss of �245
via identity theft back in 2005.

Using Trend Micro 'Housecall' I identified 'Trojan.Java.ByteVer.R' as
the possible culprit. Here's an old item to confirm this:

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.security.virus/2007-08/msg00263.html

My subsequent research of Malware has convinced me that once a machine
has actually been compromised, one can never be 100% certain that it is
'clean' - no matter *what* cleaning tools are used!

Does it matter? Not really - but I don't do Internet banking! ;-)

HTH
--
Dave - again with apologies to RonNNN :)