From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>

< snip >

| Using Trend Micro 'Housecall' I identified 'Trojan.Java.ByteVer.R' as
| the possible culprit. Here's an old item to confirm this:

< snip >

That's just exploit code affecting Sun Java.

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>

> < snip >
>
> | Using Trend Micro 'Housecall' I identified 'Trojan.Java.ByteVer.R'
> as
> | the possible culprit. Here's an old item to confirm this:
>
> < snip >
>
> That's just exploit code affecting Sun Java.

Which means .......... what, David?

Let's assume that I had Sun Java installed at the time.

Are you implying that my identity theft was a result of something else?

TIA

--
Dave BD

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>

>> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>

>> < snip >

>> | Using Trend Micro 'Housecall' I identified 'Trojan.Java.ByteVer.R'
>> as
>> | the possible culprit. Here's an old item to confirm this:

>> < snip >

>> That's just exploit code affecting Sun Java.

| Which means .......... what, David?

| Let's assume that I had Sun Java installed at the time.

| Are you implying that my identity theft was a result of something else?

Yes !

That was just exploit code. The questions are...
- was the PC vulnerable ?
- was the exploitation effective ?
- what was the end result of the exploitation (if the exploit was effective) ?

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>

> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>

>>> < snip >

>>> as
>
>>> < snip >
>
>>> That's just exploit code affecting Sun Java.
>
> | Which means .......... what, David?
>
> | Let's assume that I had Sun Java installed at the time.
>
> | Are you implying that my identity theft was a result of something
> else?
>
> Yes !
>
> That was just exploit code. The questions are...
> - was the PC vulnerable ?

Probably - isn't *any* computer connected to the Internet? <smile>

I had been using AVG Anti-virus, Ad-aware, Spybot etc +PrevX

At that time I was using a Modem supplied by Freeserve - not a Router!

> - was the exploitation effective ?

It seems so ............

> - what was the end result of the exploitation (if the exploit was
> effective) ?

............. somebody stole my money!

I did get my money back - eventually! It was only *then* that I received
threats and involved the police.
--
Dave BD - HTH

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>

>> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>

>> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

>> | Which means .......... what, David?

>> | Let's assume that I had Sun Java installed at the time.

>> | Are you implying that my identity theft was a result of something
>> else?

>> Yes !

>> That was just exploit code. The questions are...
>> - was the PC vulnerable ?

| Probably - isn't *any* computer connected to the Internet? <smile>

| I had been using AVG Anti-virus, Ad-aware, Spybot etc +PrevX

| At that time I was using a Modem supplied by Freeserve - not a Router!

>> - was the exploitation effective ?

| It seems so ............

>> - what was the end result of the exploitation (if the exploit was
>> effective) ?

| ............ somebody stole my money!

| I did get my money back - eventually! It was only *then* that I received
| threats and involved the police.

I won't answer your stupidity because you keep adding; alt.politics.scorched-earth
I don't honour your troll activity.

--
Dave