From: FromTheRafters on
"dwn" <ddwnns(a)nonet.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 14:07:18 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
> <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org>
> wrote:
>
>>> While I download from this Newsgroup, Avest found a Trojans in
>>> Posting "Subject: wierd html" dated 11/16/2009. I need advice to
>>> lift the banned and protect myself from further infected.
>>>
>>> Thanks a million. I really need help and advices ASAP.
>>
>>Are you using wireless connectivity?
>
> Yes, ADSL wireless modem.

The reason I asked is because spamming from your IP address is not the
same thing as spamming from your computer. Someone could possibly have
been using your wireless access point to send spam from *their* computer
using your IP address. Your detections seem to be for inactive malware -
someones post of a script snippet. To get un-banned you will have to
contact the entities that banned you. Usually, their web pages tell you
how to do this.

That said, it is *still* a good idea to run some antimalware scanners to
be more confident that your machine is clean.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "dwn" <ddwnns(a)nonet.net>

| On Wed, 19 May 2010 23:04:06 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

>>ddwnns(a)nonet.net wrote:

>>>Finally I had it up and running smoothly. All of a sudden, AOL and Comcast
>>>"Block" my email. A week or so later AOL, lifted the blocking. I disregard it
>>>but took precaution and "CC" email to my other Email.

>>This usually means that your system is being used as a zombie. Get a tool
>>that checks all your outgoing ports and see where it's connecting. But you
>>need to do a thorough malware sweep. Malwarebytes can probably do it for you.
>>Download Malwarebytes, get the latest update, and run it in safe mode, which
>>I've found helps it find things better and faster.

| Not sure what you mean. I strongly believe I am CLEAN now.
| I am using MS Essential and Avest. Both running and further slowing down my
| laptop. The key question, how do I "UNBANNED" as I am NOT a spanner? I
| am an innocent victim. Thanks

If you use Wireless and it is NOT secured and you are the victim of WarDriving, you really
are not that innocent as you are responsible for any/all activity on your subscribed IP.

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in

> ddwnns(a)nonet.net wrote:
>
>>Finally I had it up and running smoothly. All of a sudden, AOL and
>>Comcast "Block" my email. A week or so later AOL, lifted the blocking.
>>I disregard it but took precaution and "CC" email to my other Email.
>
> This usually means that your system is being used as a zombie. Get a
> tool that checks all your outgoing ports and see where it's
> connecting. But you need to do a thorough malware sweep.
> Malwarebytes can probably do it for you. Download Malwarebytes, get
> the latest update, and run it in safe mode, which I've found helps it
> find things better and faster.

It's really not designed to run in safe mode; You should be using it in
normal mode windows; so that windows loads all the drivers and provides all
of the registry keys which are not necessarily online while in safe mode.

Your findings sadly, are not based on the intended design of the software;
nor the methodology the researchers and developers used for creating it and
the definitions. It's truely important for it to get a look at your system
without interference; ie: safe mode, or just scanning a slave drive.

--
Feel free to steal this tagline!
From: David Kaye on
ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>http://www.wireshark.org/

Yes, Wireshark is one of the best out there but can be a bit complicated for
the average user. One that's easier to use for firsttime users is CurrPorts
from Nirsoft. It's a freebie, by the way:

http://www.nirsoft.net/

From: David Kaye on
ddwnns(a)nonet.net wrote:

>Not sure what you mean. I strongly believe I am CLEAN now.
>I am using MS Essential and Avest. Both running and further slowing down my
>laptop. The key question, how do I "UNBANNED" as I am NOT a spanner? I
>am an innocent victim. Thanks

Oh, in that case you might send an email to abuse at whoever has banned you
and tell them what you've done to clean your system.