From: dwn on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:23:18 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>| It is not likely someone hijack my wireless ADSL. There are no wireless network
>| within range from my computer, none since I moved into the neighborhood and it
>| took more than thee weeks for my ISP to find a "PORT" for me.
>

>What do you mean...
>"There are no wireless network within range from my computer..."

Since I moved into the neighborhood. I have not seen any wireless network other
than my wireless network. Yes, if someone with notepad or cell phone they
"might' connected into my network. But not probable!

>If you you are connected to DSL and have a DSL Modem+wireless router and the wireless has
>not ben secured, there does have to be a wireless network within range from your computer.
>
>Just someone with a notebook within range. It isn't too hard.
>
>Questions:
>Are you brodcasting your SSID ?

Yes.
>Are you using WPA2 ?
NO

>Are you using AES encryption or TKIP or TKIP and AES ?

Dunno? never came across these terms.

>Are you using a strong pre-shared ASCII key greater than 10 digits ?
>Are the above questions understood by you ?

Nope.

>BTW: You never respondec to your OTHER post. In fact, you really have provided much
>feedback to key-in the problem.

I tried. Was away the whole day and was dead tired, picking the ones more in
tune with my problems. I am sure, 99.9% my computer is virus free. I am thinking
and planning how to get myself unblock and have since download Kaspersky
security software, provided free by Surewest and have not install it. The more
software's installed/removed will further slow down my laptop and add additional
problems.

Will format and clean install XP Pro, only after I have solve this problems and
know how to config the wireless ADSL modem. Otherwise I will be unable to go
online. That will be a disaster!

Thanks to everyone, I really appreciate it. It take time for me to reply and my
grammar suck. Will go back and see if I can provided more information. :-)

From: dwn on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:10:36 +0200, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net> wrote:

>Download, install, update(!) and do a full scan with:
>
>- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free 1.46
>http://www.malwarebytes.org/
>(the blue download button)
>- SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition 4.37.1000
>http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
>(the bottom choice)
>
>Run *both* programs, one after the other.
>They overlap only partially.
>Yes, both programs are free and are excellent in finding and removing
>ad/spyware, much better than MSE and/or Avast.
>
>N.B. It is not wise to use both MSE and Avast.
>Both are anti-virus programs and they fight with each other.
>(slowing down your computer!)
>Choose the one you want to keep and remove (uninstall) the other one.

I did exactly what you suggested. Found nothing. I am pretty sure
I had removed any Trojans, Worms or whatever. To be sure I
will clean install XP Pro again after I find out from my ISP how to
setup the wireless ADSL. Thanks.

From: David Kaye on
ddwnns(a)nonet.net wrote:

>It is not likely someone hijack my wireless ADSL. There are no wireless network
>within range from my computer, none since I moved into the neighborhood and it
>took more than thee weeks for my ISP to find a "PORT" for me.

It's not the presence of a wireless network but other the presence
of other computers that matters.

Check the web page for your router, 192.168.1.1 or whatever it is. Look under
the wireless section or the DHCP section depending on the kind of web page
your router presents, and see if there are other computers hooked up that you
don't know about.

The fact that it took your ISP forever to hook you up may mean that others
have tried and given up and may be using your router instead.

Best thing to do is to turn on the encryption. I usually recommend using a
phone number as the key because it's easy to remember and hard for others to
guess.

From: David Kaye on
ddwnns(a)nonet.net wrote:

>What do you mean "a zombie"? I am pretty sure I cleaned my computer other than
>clean installing XP PRO after format the HD. I called my ISP and I waiting for
>their finding.

If your computer is clean then it's likely someone using wireless on your
router. As I said in another post, go to the router's web page and take a
look around. You should see your computer listed, and you might see others.

Regardless, turn on the encryption on your router!

From: David Kaye on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, as I said, I just worked for them. What would I know.. right?

Listen, I had no idea who you are. I've seen your name on the MBAM forums but
I don't recall ever seeing you post there that you were employed by them. You
could have told me that the first time around.

I defer to your judgment.