From: Rod Speed on
Rob wrote:
> On 26/03/2010 2:44 PM, terryc wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:21:07 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:
>>
>>> terryc wrote

>>> It never did.
>>
>> Of course ROD you would get it wrong. It says so very clearly on the
>> Mickeysoft website that if you change the motherboard, you have to
>> buy a new licence.
>>
>> Interestingly, their social.mickysoft site says this doesn't affect
>> Full Retail, but does affect OEM(7& XP).
>>
>> While we are on the subject, does anyone know how to work out, from
>> the product key, what the installation media is?
>>

> I this case I didn't have to buy a new licence just phoned home to
> activate. Thats an OEM x64 Ultimate version
>
> Be tough just because the MB went US you had the buy a new licence.
>
> Changing MB's on XP OS was not so critical most of the time it still
> booted to the desktop and updated the files through updates.

Thats not true unless the chipsets on the two motherboards were very similar.

Usually you do have to do a repair install.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Of course ROD you would get it wrong. It says so very clearly on the
>>> Mickeysoft website that if you change the motherboard, you have to
>>> buy a new licence.

>> That has absolutely no relevant what so ever to australian law, fuckwit.

>> And Microsoft knows that too.

> So how do you get activation of OEM XP when re-installed?

You ring up some MS monkey, stupid.

>>> Interestingly, their social.mickysoft site says this doesn't affect Full Retail,

>> So much for your original lie.

> Which, as usual, you didn't rebut or correct. just made your usual slag off. off

Everyone can see you are lying, as you always do when you end up face down in the mud, as always.

>>> but does affect OEM(7 & XP).

>> Like hell it does under australian law.

>>> While we are on the subject, does anyone know how to work
>>> out, from the product key, what the installation media is?

>> That isnt part of the product key.

> So how many MS OS and what type have you
> installed roddles and what versions were they?

None of your business, fuckwit.

> I can tell you it is.

Wrong, as always.

From: qmod on
Rod Speed wrote:
> terryc wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> terryc wrote

>>> That has absolutely no relevant what so ever to australian law, fuckwit.
>
>>> And Microsoft knows that too.
>
>> So how do you get activation of OEM XP when re-installed?
>
> You ring up some MS monkey, stupid.

Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than 6 mths since that
particular computer was activated with mickysoft activation will usually
work without a hitch .

>>> So much for your original lie.
>
>> Which, as usual, you didn't rebut or correct. just made your usual slag off. off
>
> Everyone can see you are lying, as you always do when you end up face down in the mud, as always.

>>> Like hell it does under australian law.

>>> That isnt part of the product key.
>
>> So how many MS OS and what type have you
>> installed roddles and what versions were they?
>
> None of your business, fuckwit.

I would imagine that figure could run into the thousands, starting with DOS.

--
Laurie.
Registered Linux user # 468070
From: Rod Speed on
qmod wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> So how do you get activation of OEM XP when re-installed?

>> You ring up some MS monkey, stupid.

> Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than 6 mths since
> that particular computer was activated with mickysoft activation will
> usually work without a hitch .

Sure, I should have rubbed his nose in that.

>>> Which, as usual, you didn't rebut or correct. just made your usual slag off. off

>> Everyone can see you are lying, as you always do when you end up face down in the mud, as always.

>>> So how many MS OS and what type have you
>>> installed roddles and what versions were they?

>> None of your business, fuckwit.

> I would imagine that figure could run into the thousands, starting with DOS.

It does indeed.

From: Rob on
On 26/03/2010 7:49 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> Rob wrote:

>>> Of course ROD you would get it wrong. It says so very clearly on the
>>> Mickeysoft website that if you change the motherboard, you have to
>>> buy a new licence.
>>>
>>> Interestingly, their social.mickysoft site says this doesn't affect
>>> Full Retail, but does affect OEM(7& XP).
>>>
>>> While we are on the subject, does anyone know how to work out, from
>>> the product key, what the installation media is?
>>>

>> I this case I didn't have to buy a new licence just phoned home to
>> activate. Thats an OEM x64 Ultimate version
>>
>> Be tough just because the MB went US you had the buy a new licence.
>>
>> Changing MB's on XP OS was not so critical most of the time it still
>> booted to the desktop and updated the files through updates.
>
> Thats not true unless the chipsets on the two motherboards were very similar.
>
> Usually you do have to do a repair install.

Usually use intel chipsets with intel processors.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: ANYONE IN BRISBANE WANT TO MEET THE TRUMAN?
Next: W7 Problem