From: Rob on
On 26/03/2010 11:39 PM, qmod wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> So how do you get activation of OEM XP when re-installed?
>>
>> You ring up some MS monkey, stupid.
>
> Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than 6 mths since that
> particular computer was activated with mickysoft activation will usually
> work without a hitch .

Not with Windows7

From: Rod Speed on
Rob wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Rob wrote
>>> terryc wrote

>>> I this case I didn't have to buy a new licence just phoned home to activate. Thats an OEM x64 Ultimate version

>>> Be tough just because the MB went US you had the buy a new licence.

>>> Changing MB's on XP OS was not so critical most of the time it still
>>> booted to the desktop and updated the files through updates.

>> Thats not true unless the chipsets on the two motherboards were very similar.

>> Usually you do have to do a repair install.

> Usually use intel chipsets with intel processors.

I do too, but they do change enough to need a repair install with some chipset upgrades.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:39:16 +1000, qmod wrote:

> Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than 6 mths since that
> particular computer was activated with mickysoft activation will usually
> work without a hitch .

Thank you. that could be a factor here.

From: terryc on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 04:03:47 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

>> Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than 6 mths since that
>> particular computer was activated with mickysoft activation will
>> usually work without a hitch .
>
> Sure, I should have rubbed his nose in that.

But you didn't roddles. Once again you showed your true self and try to
claim "I knew that a along". what a sad case.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote

>>> Often you do not need to do that. If it was more than
>>> 6 mths since that particular computer was activated
>>> with mickysoft activation will usually work without a hitch .

>> Sure, I should have rubbed his nose in that.

> But you didn't roddles.

Its never feasible to post perfectly, fuckwit.

> Once again you showed your true self and try to claim "I knew that a along".

Even someone as stupid as you can use groups.google and see that I have said that previously, fuckwit.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: ANYONE IN BRISBANE WANT TO MEET THE TRUMAN?
Next: W7 Problem