From: Peter on
"Val Hallah" <michaelnewport(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jun 26, 11:43 pm, John A. <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:33:09 +0100, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:27:25 +0100, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >On that basis, the entire board of Microsoft should have been
> >sentenced to 30 years to life for the appalling mess of Windows Vista.
>
> I haven't tried 7 yet. Would it get them time off for good behavior,
> or add to their sentence?

windoze explorer does some strange things like...if you have deleted
files, they still appear in the folder....

Haven't had that problem.

--
Peter

From: Dudley Hanks on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> "Val Hallah" <michaelnewport(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 26, 11:43 pm, John A. <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:33:09 +0100, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >On that basis, the entire board of Microsoft should have been
>> >sentenced to 30 years to life for the appalling mess of Windows Vista.
>>
>> I haven't tried 7 yet. Would it get them time off for good behavior,
>> or add to their sentence?
>
> windoze explorer does some strange things like...if you have deleted
> files, they still appear in the folder....
>

> Haven't had that problem.
>
> --
> Peter

Been running a Windows 7 based laptop for several months, with good results.
Only had one issue with a user account having to be deleted and
re-installed.

Overall, though, it's done a lot better than the Vista machine I've got.
That one really sucks...

Still, for overall dependability, I like XP Pro; I've got two XP-based
machines which, while old, are what I boot up when I want to make sure I get
something done...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-06-26 14:43:39 -0700, John A. <john(a)nowhere.invalid> said:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:33:09 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:27:25 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> On that basis, the entire board of Microsoft should have been
>> sentenced to 30 years to life for the appalling mess of Windows Vista.
>
> I haven't tried 7 yet. Would it get them time off for good behavior,
> or add to their sentence?

The interesting thing about Windows Mobile is that it is the only OS
which has been seriously attacked by malware so far. Yet it has the
smallest market share of any of the smartphone OSs. So much for the
theory that hackers only go after the most popular OS.

Windows is a "mature" (read, "obsolete") product that has been
surpassed in every way by practically every other OS out there.
Microsoft needs to scrap Windows and start from the ground up.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: Peter on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> "Val Hallah" <michaelnewport(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Jun 26, 11:43 pm, John A. <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>>> I haven't tried 7 yet. Would it get them time off for good behavior,
>>> or add to their sentence?
>>
>> windoze explorer does some strange things like...if you have deleted
>> files, they still appear in the folder....
>>

>> Haven't had that problem.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>
> Been running a Windows 7 based laptop for several months, with good
> results. Only had one issue with a user account having to be deleted and
> re-installed.
>
> Overall, though, it's done a lot better than the Vista machine I've got.
> That one really sucks...
>
> Still, for overall dependability, I like XP Pro; I've got two XP-based
> machines which, while old, are what I boot up when I want to make sure I
> get something done...

The Win7 machine has an i7 processor and 8gig memory. Fastest machine I
used. I finally got it running slow.Tested a 10x18 image with 5,000
pixels/inch in CS5. That ran a little slow.

--
Peter

From: nospam on
In article
<2010062616432243658-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom>, C J
Campbell <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > There have been reports that the problems Apple Iphones have with
> > reception that has been blamed on ATT and network overload may largely
> > be due to problems with the way the Iphone software is written,
> > particularly the internet connection software. Even knowledgeable
> > reviewers have no access to the OS so this is difficult to test.
>
> Why is it so difficult to test? The iPhone is not the only internet
> enabled phone out there, nor is it the only one AT&T carries. It should
> be possible to write a suite of comparable tasks and see what resources
> different smartphones use to carry them out.

no need to write special test software. the iphone is available on many
different carriers worldwide. it's only stuck with at&t in the united
states.

if the iphone was at fault, then the problem would exist elsewhere, but
it doesn't. you don't see very many people bitching about o2, rogers,
vodaphone, etc., other than pricing.

> > Now new Apple Iphones are clearly shorting out when held in common ways
> > and the end user is blamed, and most idiots accept the blame.
> > Somehow Apple always escapes criticism for serious shortcomings in
> > their products (don't get me started on their computers) and government
> > investigation of their monopolistic business practices.
>
> Apparently it is not so clear at all that this is a hardware problem.
> iPhone 3Gs phones that were upgraded to iOS 4.0 are now also exhibiting
> the same problems -- and the antennas on the 3Gs are in a completely
> different location. Still, it may at least be partially a hardware
> problem, in which the short term fix would be for Apple to give one of
> their little cases to all the iPhone 4 customers.

you also see the problem with other phones, including google's nexus
one and some users can't duplicate it at all, no matter how hard they
try.

it's also hilarious to claim that apple has monopolistic business
practices when they don't have enough of a market share to come
anywhere close to being a monopoly.

> > If you actually backup your Iphone on a computer and then have to
> > change computers Apple support will tell you that your only option is
> > to use third party software, specifically illegal under the EULA, to
> > retrieve your data.
> > And Apple is lauded for this . . . .
>
> Total baloney. In fact, this is so wrong that I have to question
> whether you actually use an iPhone.

no kidding.