From: RichA on
(CNN) -- Hours after its iPhone 4 went on sale to excited crowds
Thursday, Apple found itself responding to complaints that holding the
phone by its metal edge causes mobile reception to suffer.

The company's response, in a nutshell? You're holding it wrong.

"Just avoid holding it in that way," Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrote in an
e-mail that was making the rounds on the Web on Friday morning.

An official statement from Apple expanded in less pointed language
than Jobs, who is known to occasionally answer e-mails from customers
himself.

"Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its
antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others
depending on the placement of the antennas," Apple said in a written
statement.
From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> saying
something like:

>"Just avoid holding it in that way," Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrote in an
>e-mail that was making the rounds on the Web on Friday morning.
>
>An official statement from Apple expanded in less pointed language
>than Jobs,

"Pointed"? What on Earth is "pointed" about that?
Now, if he'd told them to stop being so stupid and hold it in the
approved Apple way, that might be a touch blunt.
Hmmm... a phone with a metal part case that suffers reception problems
when the case is touched. Clever stuff.
From: Rich on
Grimly Curmudgeon <grimly4REMOVE(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> saying
> something like:
>
>>"Just avoid holding it in that way," Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrote in an
>>e-mail that was making the rounds on the Web on Friday morning.
>>
>>An official statement from Apple expanded in less pointed language
>>than Jobs,
>
> "Pointed"? What on Earth is "pointed" about that?
> Now, if he'd told them to stop being so stupid and hold it in the
> approved Apple way, that might be a touch blunt.
> Hmmm... a phone with a metal part case that suffers reception problems
> when the case is touched. Clever stuff.

Jobs is scum. His company is dirt. His computers are for retards and
they and his other product's appeal rely on pure ignorance and a disdain
for conservation.
From: Bruce on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:27:25 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:30:19 -0700, "lofi" <fac_187(a)hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>There have been reports that the problems Apple Iphones have with reception
>>that has been blamed on ATT and network overload may largely be due to
>>problems with the way the Iphone software is written, particularly the
>>internet connection software. Even knowledgeable reviewers have no access to
>>the OS so this is difficult to test.
>>Now new Apple Iphones are clearly shorting out when held in common ways and
>>the end user is blamed, and most idiots accept the blame.
>>Somehow Apple always escapes criticism for serious shortcomings in their
>>products (don't get me started on their computers) and government
>>investigation of their monopolistic business practices.

On that basis, the entire board of Microsoft should have been
sentenced to 30 years to life for the appalling mess of Windows Vista.

From: Val Hallah on
On Jun 26, 11:43 pm, John A. <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:33:09 +0100, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:27:25 +0100, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >On that basis, the entire board of Microsoft should have been
> >sentenced to 30 years to life for the appalling mess of Windows Vista.
>
> I haven't tried 7 yet. Would it get them time off for good behavior,
> or add to their sentence?

windoze explorer does some strange things like...if you have deleted
files, they still appear in the folder....