From: FromTheRafters on
"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> A request
> *********
>

> Please bear in mind this sentence:
>
> "The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to
> include all types of malware, including true viruses."
>
> It is in the first paragraph, here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware
>
> Try to get used to this and stop being so aggressive in your responses
> to folk seeking help in the Usenet newsgroups - *please*.
>
> I'm sure it will lead to happier people all round :)

Yep, and a rifle is a gun. Ask the next U.S. Marine you meet if you can
polish his gun. Tell a Navy Captain he has a really big boat. Chances
are you will at least get schooled on the differences.

From: ~BD~ on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> "~BD~"<.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> A request
>> *********
>>

>> Please bear in mind this sentence:
>>
>> "The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to
>> include all types of malware, including true viruses."
>>
>> It is in the first paragraph, here:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware
>>
>> Try to get used to this and stop being so aggressive in your responses
>> to folk seeking help in the Usenet newsgroups - *please*.
>>
>> I'm sure it will lead to happier people all round :)
>
> Yep, and a rifle is a gun. Ask the next U.S. Marine you meet if you can
> polish his gun. Tell a Navy Captain he has a really big boat. Chances
> are you will at least get schooled on the differences.

Quite right too - but not "in your face" like he tends to do.

Some sort of standardised educational 'Addendum', after a more amenable
first response to someones plea for help, might be a better approach.

Just putting the views of many into words of wisdom. That's all.

He'd benefit from watching this lovely Jewish lady tell it how it is:-

http://www.aish.com/v/49082446.html

I doubt he'll watch/listen and take the messages on board though. :-(

--
Dave
From: Leythos on
In article <hojurs$j9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org says...

> "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > A request
> > *********
> >

> > Please bear in mind this sentence:
> >
> > "The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to
> > include all types of malware, including true viruses."
> >
> > It is in the first paragraph, here:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware
> >
> > Try to get used to this and stop being so aggressive in your responses
> > to folk seeking help in the Usenet newsgroups - *please*.
> >
> > I'm sure it will lead to happier people all round :)
>
> Yep, and a rifle is a gun. Ask the next U.S. Marine you meet if you can
> polish his gun. Tell a Navy Captain he has a really big boat. Chances
> are you will at least get schooled on the differences.

"This is my rifle (grabs M1/etc), this is my gun (grabs crotch), this is
for fighting (rifle), this is for fun (crotch)"

Only Navy guys can get away with calling them "Boats", everyone else has
to call them "Ships" :-)

Trust yourself.
From: Virus Guy on
FromTheRafters wrote:

> Yep, and a rifle is a gun.

And when you're facing either a rifle or a gun, both of which are
capable of killing you, it doesn't matter what you call them.
From: T.H on
Leythos wrote:
> In article <hojurs$j9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org says...
>> "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> A request
>>> *********
>>>

>>> Please bear in mind this sentence:
>>>
>>> "The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to
>>> include all types of malware, including true viruses."
>>>
>>> It is in the first paragraph, here:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware
>>>
>>> Try to get used to this and stop being so aggressive in your responses
>>> to folk seeking help in the Usenet newsgroups - *please*.
>>>
>>> I'm sure it will lead to happier people all round :)
>> Yep, and a rifle is a gun. Ask the next U.S. Marine you meet if you can
>> polish his gun. Tell a Navy Captain he has a really big boat. Chances
>> are you will at least get schooled on the differences.
>
> "This is my rifle (grabs M1/etc), this is my gun (grabs crotch), this is
> for fighting (rifle), this is for fun (crotch)"
>
> Only Navy guys can get away with calling them "Boats", everyone else has
> to call them "Ships" :-)

Don't forget the "bubbleheads", submariners. They call those black
underwater sewer pipes the ride around in boats all the time. :-))

I often wonder from some of the posters comments, if they are current or
former submariners (read bubbleheads). <grin>

T.H

Did you hear about the FBN that went on patrol with 100 sailors and came
back with 50 couples?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: Ping: David H Lipman