First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
metacity opening windows a layer below
Hi, Using Lenny with the standard Gnome desktop UI. I've noticed that many of the windows that I open end up being opened in a layer below existing windows. It is not predictable, but sometimes metacity just decides to put the new window at a layer below existing windows, and not just windows that I've selected a... 4 Aug 2010 17:59
Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 11:02:52 Jimmy Johnson wrote: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 [snip] User How are you getting on with it? Does it have full functionality in Ubuntu? I am watching with interest. I am hoping that, by the time that I have to abandom Lenny, Trinity will have a deb. that I can use in Squeeze. ... 13 Aug 2010 04:53
How to use two displaies
I have a laptop, with a VGA interface. I connected a extra display to my laptop, but it shows nothing, the state of it is "NO SIGNAL". I wander how to config to use the two displaies, one of my laptop, one extra. THX -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsub... 4 Aug 2010 09:13
Can only access Debian website through proxy
Using Iceweasel, Google Chrome and Lynx I cannot access http;// www.debian.org or any of the mirrors without using an external web proxy. My isp says they can access fine on their own machines. My wife's computer running Firefox on WinXP sp3 on the same connection also works fine. I have had to change my apt source... 7 Aug 2010 10:23
Onboard ethernet adapter lights not flash anymore... Network not connect too!
On Ma, 03 aug 10, 09:39:31, Marcelo Laia wrote: Hi, Suddenly, my onboard ethernet adapter lights not flash anymore and my network not connect too! I already have changed the cable and nothing goes up. Did you make any changes to the software? If not it could also be a hardware issue. Try using anot... 4 Aug 2010 03:50
Checking a block device
Hello all, How can I check if a block device (partition) has one or any of the following characteristics: [1] raw [2] has content [3] formatted but without actually mounting it? Please advice. Thank you in advance. Regards, GNUbie -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.deb... 5 Aug 2010 01:36
NUMLOCKX Debian KDE4
Here's the problem, in unstable and testing numlock on, light not on, numlock off, light on ?!? I've tried it by removing numlockx and it's config files and numlock works as expected (OK), but numlock is not on at boot and I won't it on at boot, checking the box to turn numlock on, will not turn it on at login... 4 Aug 2010 07:04
nspluginwrapper, npviewer & iceape
On 08/03/2010 02:56 PM, Thomas H. George wrote: My system is messed up and iceape locks up trying to display some images with the error message sh: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer: not found In fact there is no directory nspluginwrapper in /usr/lib. The command dpkg -l nsp* responds ... 3 Aug 2010 20:14
Anti virus and Firewall
Hi all Debian people, Firstly i am very new to Debian so please excuse me for my lack of understanding. I have recently got a Dedicated server box for my gaming Clan and have had Debian 5 64bit installed on it. Now as we will eventually be using the server for our web site for forums, Emails, sending and receivin... 5 Aug 2010 03:44
Debian startup help
Hi, I have a question regarding the startup of Debian Linux. I am working on a embedded processor called TS-7800. It has debian linux installed on the hardware. I wanted to include some of own scripts during the startup. So, I began with smaller statements(like echo, printf etc..) just for testing purposes... 4 Aug 2010 02:46